GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,336 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » General

Subject: More expansions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans for more expansions for this game? I just got my copy of the deluxe edition last week and have been playing it constantly, as a huge baseball fan I've always wanted a baseball game that was fun and engaging but not a stat heavy sim (not that those aren't great too). I played a ton of Super Baseball 2020 on my Sega Genesis as a kid so this game hits all my buttons, it's already up there with Mage Knight as an all time favorite for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Chris

I am working on expansions right now. Whether they get published or not will be up to Eagle-Gryphon and how well the game sells. So let's all promote it on the Geek, rate it and get more players into it so my expansion work will see the light of day. It is off to a great start so I am optimistic that the expansions will happen. Thanks for your interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news.

I will say this, however.

One thing I don't really need, or think will 'improve' the already great game, is simply "more of the same". More Naturals, robots and cyborgs...unless they add some really sweet dynamic key word that alters the current strategy paths.

Sure, that'd be nice, but at some point the FA deck will just be watered down.

One thing I DO wish for is more starting teams. Enough to make a league of, say...12 teams or something?

Also, my one and ONLY gripe with the game as it stands is the (what I consider) missed opportunity in naming the players.
I like that they used combinations of old players... A lot.
but keeping with their storied franchises would have been smarter, I think.
There are enough great players in every franchise amongst those represented that the pairs could have come from the same team. Like Christy Marichal (and no, I am not a SF fan...just got tied up on Juan Marichal there, hehe)

Lou Trammel or Alan Whitaker for a Detroit player, you know?? Or maybe Kirk Greenberg...or Ty Kaline would be better examples.
Anyways, you get the point.

Small gripe to have though...must mean the game's great...

And it is!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like more of everything as well as new mechanics/content. Maybe a season mode where a team develops and changes over a longer period of time (100 games?) More starting teams would be nice but not at the expense of other content, since they're almost entirely the same. I play solo much more than with other players so anything that fleshes out solo play would be great in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the ideas!

It's still early, but we are looking at options - all of them . . .

Ralph
For Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A system for ballpark modifications might be interesting. For example, you could make your home turf muddy to slow down base runners if you know your opponent has a lot of speedsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Watney
United Kingdom
Welwyn Garden City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
with enough demand, would a standalone expansion be possible? if not 4 team, maybe just a set with 2 starter teams and a reduced deck of free agents. effectively a 5-6 player expansion for people with the first game, or a cheaper 2p alternative for others. could even have a theme like central division, or the japanese leagues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.