Japan
Akita
Akita
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Board Gamer, Mystara & Calidar Cartographer
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend I bought sleeves for my cards. I like hard plastic sleeves rather than the thin soft ones, but of course the hard ones add quite a bit of volume to each deck. It took me a few hours (!) to get all of my decks sleeved up, at which point I suddenly realised I had no way to put all these cards away any more!

I've been looking into tuck boxes for the past few weeks, and there are some great designs here on BGG. But none of them do quite exactly what I want them to, and at the same time most are for unsleeved cards.

So... I decided to make my own, building on the designs of others — which have been a huge help.

Wow! What an undertaking. It has already taken waaaayyyy longer than I expected to spend on this. I just want to put my cards away! But at the same time I want to have nice boxes, so I guess it ends up taking a while.

Here's the result of my labours so far:

And here's a look at the file:

Once they're all done, I will of course upload the file(s) here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlotte Malone
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Tait
Japan
Akita
Akita
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I'm not convinced that putting cards on the sides is what I want to do, but the small decks don't really have any other associated art, so I went with it.

The nicest sides I've seen so far are those of the Netherlands Deck tuck box here at BGG, which uses art used in the set — the cover art plus some Van Gogh paintings. This approach should work well with some of the later decks, but I'm thinking of using box art and other art from the base game and other sets too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brown
United States
Ofallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
King Agricola
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance on making those files for unsleeved cards? I'm looking for the Pi, BI, NL, and FR deck boxes. I have the rest. But they need to be unsleeved. Your boxes look excellent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Tait
Japan
Akita
Akita
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fizbin44 wrote:
Any chance on making those files for unsleeved cards? I'm looking for the Pi, BI, NL, and FR deck boxes. I have the rest. But they need to be unsleeved. Your boxes look excellent

I won't rule it out at this stage, but it's not a high priority for me at the moment, I'm afraid.

On the other hand, my mother and brother have their cards unsleeved, so I may well adapt the design to make boxes for them eventually.

The problem of course is that adapting a tuck box design from sleeved to unsolved (or vice versa) is a major undertaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Tait
Japan
Akita
Akita
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted designs for France deck boxes over in this thread. I'm going to post the finished files as soon as they're all ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Tait
Japan
Akita
Akita
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads-up: I posted the file with the finished decks.

Thorf's Agricola Tuck Boxes

I had a lot of fun making these in the end. I came up with a design that incorporates the game box into the side panel of each deck. This is especially nice, because I plan to keep the decks on their side in the main Agricola box — they are a good fit there with about half the boards removed. I will be keeping the remaining boards along with the player tokens and some other stuff in the Farmers of the Moor box. I don't have an insert for Agricola yet anyway, so all my tokens are in a plastic container box with dividers.

I'll try and post some pictures of the finished boxes here soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann-Charlotte Eriksen
Sweden
Sturkö
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great, I'll keep an eye out for when you'll post ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.