Popular Tags: [View All]
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get some new friends that can appreciate a good game?

It is a blast to play. We break it out at least once a month. Even bought a second copy of the base game to add more tiles to the map and make the games last longer. The only way I can see it not being fun is if you play with a really boring group of people. If that's the case, I don't think there is anything that you can do except go play euchre instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deathweasel wrote:
Anyone figured out how to make this actually fun to play yet?

Been sat on my shelf for years and I sigh every time I look at it.

Roll TWO dice for movement. Discard the low die for all purposes. Pretend it no longer exists. All re-rolls and modification are done with the high die. This speeds up movement and play, but requires no changes to the game. It works better than adding Life Hearts to movement because it gives everyone the same chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Montgomery

Indiana
msg tools
Read up on some of the variants for this game and try out some different ideas. There's also a set of house rules by unclevl on the web. Also, expansions can spice up games every now and then too. If all else fails, the miniatures, after some painting are excellent for rpgs. I actually bought zombies 11 just for the shotgun guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
TimothyEvilOfUmbrell wrote:
Read up on some of the variants for this game and try out some different ideas. There's also a set of house rules by unclevl on the web. Also, expansions can spice up games every now and then too. If all else fails, the miniatures, after some painting are excellent for rpgs. I actually bought zombies 11 just for the shotgun guys!

I agree with using some of the variant rules to be found here. It's a pretty bad game out of the box in my opinion. For example, I would recommend not rolling for movement and just moving the max at full hits, reduced as you get injured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Stevens
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Games: Design 'em, rewrite 'em, play 'em!
mbmbmbmbmb
I rewrote the rules, including adding changes to the card texts:
Zombies!!! A 2nd Slice
A big change is that players become zombies instead of restarting when killed. Zombies have a different victory condition to players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls