Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
The 4 of us got together to play Pirate's Cove but I suggested that first we could play a game of Hystericoach. After a quick explanation of the rules, we went for a boys vs. girls. We got Russia and the ladies Italy. We also agreed that after each score, the players would become coaches and vice-versa to give everybody an opportunity to try the different roles. We also decided that first team to score 3 goals would win the cup.

Russia went with a classic/conservative 2-3-1 formation and Italy was a lot more bold and innovative starting the game on a 0-4-2. Russia began the game on fire. So, much discipline and practice paid off and in no time on a perfectly designed play 7-Mosonciuck put it away. Russia 1-0.

The change of roles did not work out very well for Russia as 2-3 times minor fouls were called on the russians for saying the word "back". Italy quickly moved around and had a shooting opportunity. Unhappily for them 7-Matammazzi had the ball to shoot when the play had clearly been designed for 5-Cantabotti, so, a foul was called. Russia had then a great chance on a counterattack but again a "back" was said and Russia lost that momentum. After so much agonizing Italy decided to follow the coach's instructions and Cantabotti scored almost from midfield. 1-1.

Coaches and players swapped positions once again. One minor foul was called on each side and all of a sudden the russian 4-Andrej Dilatov was open and shot on goal. It was a pretty easy shot, the goalie had no chance to save it but the ball went just wide the right corner. The italian counterattack was letal and 3-Tropporotto showed how it is done. Italy 2-1 and big change in momentum.

Russia still found time to say the dreaded "back" one more time and be called on a foul. Italy took advantage of this and went for one last set piece. Matammazzi did not waste the chance of scoring the game winning goal and taking the cup. Italy 3-1.

We had a great time. Arrangements for a game involving 6 people are already being made. And, I swear I didn't mean to hit the chandelier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
And, I swear I didn't mean to hit the chandelier!

Now that is an ringing endorsement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Obert
Italy
Piossasco-Turin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice chronicle, from our brazilian sports commentator!
I'm wondering what's happen with a "live" version of the game...
Ciao, WO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
wallover wrote:
Very nice chronicle, from our brazilian sports commentator!
I'm wondering what's happen with a "live" version of the game...
Ciao, WO

It is actually too funny. We play with a couple from Venezuela (who have italian citizenship). So, it goes a bit in english, portuguese, spanish and a lot of moving hands a little dancing.

We played a second match the other day where the ladies played Japan and we played Greece but since we were humiliated 3-0, I am not going to report it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.