Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Plastic Gates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Gamer Curator
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that the plastic gates would be available for $30 MSRP at some point. How will I be able to purchase these?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
30.00 for how many?

Link?

http://fenrisgames.com/shop#!/FGCW44-Summoning-Gate/p/360797...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
That link is for the sculptor's resin gates. That 7 pounds price is for 1, I believe.

Right now the gates are not for sale, except to backers of course by upping their pledge.

The gates were not KS exclusive however, so there may be a point at which they will be sold again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Foster
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pixelpoop wrote:
I noticed that the plastic gates would be available for $30 MSRP at some point. How will I be able to purchase these?

Currently they're Kickstarter-exclusive, if the game does well enough, they've mentioned selling the gates individually, I believe. So short answer is, you can't. You can buy the Fenris gates, but they're like $12 a piece, and you need 21 gates if memory serves.

Edit: Ninja'd by a Peterson!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icemantis99 wrote:
Pixelpoop wrote:
I noticed that the plastic gates would be available for $30 MSRP at some point. How will I be able to purchase these?

Currently they're Kickstarter-exclusive, if the game does well enough, they've mentioned selling the gates individually, I believe. So short answer is, you can't. You can buy the Fenris gates, but they're like $12 a piece, and you need 21 gates if memory serves.

Edit: Ninja'd by a Peterson!


So according to the Peterson post above, you are wrong?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some confusion before about whether they were truly kickstarter exclusive or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Foster
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:
icemantis99 wrote:
Pixelpoop wrote:
I noticed that the plastic gates would be available for $30 MSRP at some point. How will I be able to purchase these?

Currently they're Kickstarter-exclusive, if the game does well enough, they've mentioned selling the gates individually, I believe. So short answer is, you can't. You can buy the Fenris gates, but they're like $12 a piece, and you need 21 gates if memory serves.

Edit: Ninja'd by a Peterson!


So according to the Peterson post above, you are wrong?


I meant "only available through the campaign rewards, for now". AFAIK, the 1st player markers and Gobogeg are the only actual permanently exclusive items, everything else may eventually go up for sale.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:
So according to the Peterson post above, you are wrong?


Peterson's acknowledging what's true for *all* KS -- just because it's not an exclusive, doesn't mean that it'll hit retail. Sure, the base game and first expansion will be available (maybe), but the market may not support further expansions or accessories. CW is a *very* unusual situation because of its high base game price point. If you want the gates, up your pledge.

EDIT: I think MSRP is a legacy from conventional retail. KS used to show MSRP to entice backers to back the product. However, I haven't seen MSRP lately (eg. Ghostbusters, Myth), although Conan had them. (IIRC, Shadows of Brimstone had an MSRP of $85 during the KS, and actual MSRP of $100 retail.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the Gates, custom dice, Asenath Waite, and HPL figures are all technically, "first print run", whereas the collectible figures & bases are "Kickstarter exclusives". I could be wrong on this because we treat them all as though they are exclusives.

In any case it is a moot point, since we have no plans to sell any of the aforementioned items on our website or in stores.

I expect to get a few dozen extra copies of these items when the rest of the add-ons & expansions ship this summer, and we will probably dispose of them in one of four ways:

1) use as special gifts for people who did something we like.

2) give away as contest prizes.

3) sell personally at conventions for some inflated price.

4) give away as special rewards for someone who buys a giant ... something ... from us.

Sandy
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
4) give away as special rewards for someone who buys a giant ... something ... from us.

This statement actually scares me a little.

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.