Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that it is only legal to produce in ONE of 2 systems which are activated in a Transfer action. In my game one of the players claims that it IS legal to both produce units in one of the systems as well as to produce a space dock unit in the other in the same transfer action. Is this true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ermd wrote:
The rules state that it is only legal to produce in ONE of 2 systems which are activated in a Transfer action. In my game one of the players claims that it IS legal to both produce units in one of the systems as well as to produce a space dock unit in the other in the same transfer action. Is this true?

FAQ 1.2 wrote:

According to FAQ 1.2, page 6, right column:

Q. When taking a transfer action, can I build a new space dock in one or both of the activated systems, and if so, may I also still build units with pre-existing Space Docks in those systems?

You may produce a new Space Dock in one of the two activated systems. This system need not be the same system in which you build other units with pre-existing Space Docks.

So, Yes, it is true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reeves
United States
Georgetown
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that is welcome news. My game group must have missed that in the FAQ. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hoffman
United Kingdom
London
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They changed their mind in FAQ 2.1 and disallowed this.

(2.0) Q: When taking a Transfer Action, can I build a new Space Dock in one or both of the activated systems, and if so, may I also still build units with preexisting Space Docks in those systems?
A: During a Transfer Action you may produce in only one of the two activated systems. All production must be in the same system and you may never produce units in one system and a Space Dock (or space mines in SHATTERED EMPIRE) in the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.