Popular Tags: [View All]
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a situation come up in my first game. Sorry if it has been asked before but I did search and not find the answer. A single US squad was on a card with both a sniper and an A VoF counter. Question is which do I resolve first?

I chose to resolve the Sniper first. There was only one target and a hit was caused creating 2 fireteams and a litter team.

I guess that as all the units had been effected by the sniper I did not resolve any further attacks.

It would have been different if the A VoF had been resolved first as the unit may have been reduced into several smaller units, one of which could be then attacked by the sniper.

Can anyone point me towards the correct order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

At the time of the combat resolution there is only 1 unit which is targeted by the Sniper. You disregard the A VoF as the 2 fireteams and the litter team have already been attacked.

The same would be true if you resolved the A VoF (which to my understanding would be incorrect). You cannot have a unit being attacked multiple times in the same attack.

On the next term, if they are still there, there are now 3 distinctive units, and one will be attacked by the Sniper and the other 2 by the A VoF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Antonio, good to hear I played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.