GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,405 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: RESULTS POSTED - Halifax No-Ship Math Trade : Tabletop Day 2015 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Discussion Thread for the Halifax No-Ship Math Trade for Tabletop Day 2015! Results will be posted here once available. Feel free to post questions or comments here regarding the trade. For first time math traders, please visit the main Geeklist for information and helpful links.

LINKS:
Trade List!
Request List!

OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS: March 16, 2015
CLOSES TO ENTRIES: 11:59pm ADT Friday, April 3, 2015
WANT LISTS DUE: 11:59pm ADT Monday, April 6, 2015
RESULTS POSTED: ASAP following the Want List deadline!

TRADES HAPPEN:
Saturday, April 11th (11am to Noon)
at The Westin Nova Scotian, Commonwealth Ballroom (1181 Hollis St)

RESULTS:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal Rahhali
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: DISCUSSION - Halifax No-Ship Math Trade : Tabletop Day 2015
First time math trader here, and have a question about creating my want list on the OLWOLG site.

When clicking the 'Add' button next to a game I want, if I put a checkbox next to two games that I have listed, does that mean that I am willing to trade two games to get one, or that I am willing to trade either one to get one? For example, if I click the 'Add' button next to theirGameC, and I select myGameA and myGameB checkboxes, which of the following logic describes my trade:

myGameA AND myGameB for theirGameC
myGameA OR myGameB for theirGameC

Thanks.

PS: on the OLWOLG site, what are 'silly users'?

PPS: Also, is their any advantage to submitting want lists early? It's just that the instructions mentioned submitting want lists early to avoid unpleasantness, and I wasn't really sure what that meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trades are always one entry for one entry, if that makes sense. You can list multiple games in a single entry (this is generally either a sweetener, such as an expansion or small game on the side, or a "lot" of games going together), which can allow you to create an entry of higher value which might trade better for things you're looking for. But there's no way to make a trade for entry C using entries A and B together.

Edit - when I say entry, I mean geeklist item, to be clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean MacKinnon
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jrahhali wrote:

PPS: Also, is their any advantage to submitting want lists early? It's just that the instructions mentioned submitting want lists early to avoid unpleasantness, and I wasn't really sure what that meant.

All users are silly users (it's just a random adjective thrown in there)

Nope, it just means to submit it on time so you don't forget. You can always edit your wants but I don't think you can officially submit them until after the Math Trade is closed (may be wrong about this last part).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

Just wanted to post here that I'm 100% open to scalped offers before the Math Trade actually happens. Odds are that if you have something that I want, and there's something that I own that's on your wants list, that I'll try to make a move. I'm a-okay with counter offers and haggling and what-not. Feel free to consider stuff that's not nec. on my "for trade" list too, worst I'll say is no to something or other in particular.

I'm moving from the province right before this trade happens (dang timing!) so I'd be sending in my superpal to make my trades for me (as I did the previous two math trades here, lol)... I'd like to make the pile of games as small/light as possible for her, hence all the offers I'll be making. Having her lug like 15 different games/expansions last time around was just way too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrahhali wrote:
First time math trader here, and have a question about creating my want list on the OLWOLG site.

When clicking the 'Add' button next to a game I want, if I put a checkbox next to two games that I have listed, does that mean that I am willing to trade two games to get one, or that I am willing to trade either one to get one? For example, if I click the 'Add' button next to theirGameC, and I select myGameA and myGameB checkboxes, which of the following logic describes my trade:

myGameA AND myGameB for theirGameC
myGameA OR myGameB for theirGameC

Thanks.

You have not officially submitted you want list until you get a geekmail confirming that you have done so. Up to now you may have checked off your grid of check boxes and confirmed the changes, but that is not the same as submitting your want list.

Just after the time to add new items is over it will be possible to submit the final wants list. It is possible to submit it multiple times as well each overwriting the last. The last couple of day before the trade is usually when this happens.

As a side note I think I figured out duplicate protection. Maybe...

Math trades are pretty sweet once you get past the learning curve...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Ellis
Canada
Timberlea
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can we submit want lists yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kibosh123 wrote:
Can we submit want lists yet?

The trade Geeklist must be closed to new submissions before I can turn on want list submissions in the OLWLG, which will be happening around midnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a little white box to write in during step 4 under the title of each item. The higher the number the higher the item is on your list. Items without number are lowest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NFLD wrote:
There is a little white box to write in during step 4 under the title of each item. The higher the number the higher the item is on your list. Items without number are lowest.

Are priorities actually enabled for this math trade? It's incredibly rare for them to be used (I've only ever been in one where they were and it was the whole point of the math trade), so if you have priorities, you generally need to work that out in being very specific about what you're willing to trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to my move, my submission list is going to be blank. Sorry to anyone who wanted to make offers for my games. I was super pumped for the chance to shake things up a bit. The logistics/timing for it just doesn't work out for me here.

Happy trading to all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcticLancer wrote:
Are priorities actually enabled for this math trade? It's incredibly rare for them to be used.

Priorities are not enabled for this trade. Generally, they result in more selective trade lists, and thus fewer trades being made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the results official, JP? This turned out surprisingly well if so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcticLancer wrote:
Are the results official, JP? This turned out surprisingly well if so.

Yes indeed - results are official!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See me trade day for summoner wars promos or tiny fimo frying pans for morels. Free of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftover Trade Results are now live:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.