Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Hans shoots first build for newbie? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Lin
msg tools
I got a core set in a trade. I'm not sure I want to get into X-wing and would like to build the cheapest possible build that is reasonably competitive. I've read about the Hans Shoots First build which as I understand it would require just a Falcon and 1 extra x-wing. The articles I read about this are a year or more old - is this still a recommended build that would be easy for a beginner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only caveat is that people have seen Falcons a lot, and are probably already prepped to deal with even more defensive Falcon builds, so the list won't do as well is it did 12-18 months ago.

But it's a good starter list that helps you get used to the ranges and maneuver sizes and is very forgiving of mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a very forgiving build, against 4 or fewer ships. Against a swarm (i.e. 5 or more ships), it's a little trickier to fly against. There are quite a few options too. You could go full offensive with Han + Wedge, do a more defensive with Biggs, or in between with Luke, etc.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bono
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are only wanting to get the Falcon expansion and 1 more X-wing, you are probably looking at something like

Han Solo + Luke Skywalker (Crew) + Millennium Falcon (Title)
Red Squadron Pilot
Red Squadron Pilot

or you could also add Chewbacca (Crew) to Han Solo at the cost of 2 Pilot Skill on the X-wings

Han Solo + Luke Skywalker (Crew) + Chewbacca (Crew) + Millennium Falcon (Title)
Rookie Pilot
Rookie Pilot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.