California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is I have so many contest microbadges that it makes going to my profile stutter while all that data is loading. I'm assuming others have that problem too. I like to enter the contests but don't like having all that stuff slow down my profile page. But don't want to delete them either since its kind of cool to have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they really slow down loading? I have 200+ as well and I have never noticed any effect.

I would say leave them where they are - particularly as a reminder of how poor one is at winning comps.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I don't notice a loading time problem for the profile, but I sure notice that it is a pain in the ass having the contest badges all intermixed among the other badges when one is editing/rearranging one's displayed microbadges. THAT page should have a way to sort by groups (like the profile displays them in groups) instead of only sorting them by badge title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
I don't notice a loading time problem for the profile, but I sure notice that it is a pain in the ass having the contest badges all intermixed among the other badges when one is editing/rearranging one's displayed microbadges. THAT page should have a way to sort by groups (like the profile displays them in groups) instead of only sorting them by badge title.

I agree, when I want to change my microbadges I have a sea of badges to sort through trying to find the ones I want.

I'm all for displaying them, just would be nice to have them organized better. I've been debating deleting them just for the convenience but really hate to do that since I like having them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I'm all for displaying them, just would be nice to have them organized better. I've been debating deleting them just for the convenience but really hate to do that since I like having them all.

Yeah, same here. I sometimes wonder why I keep them; they're basically clutter, but sometimes it's fun to see all the contests I've entered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
russ wrote:

I agree, when I want to change my microbadges I have a sea of badges to sort through trying to find the ones I want.

Seconded.

It would be nice to be able to filter the badges out when selecting which to show on the display

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vaterlaus
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
"JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona"
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have many... I only tried a dozen or so contests before I realized that they weren't something I was ever going to display.

So I went through just recently to delete the old ones that I don't use. It streamlined my profile. While it wasn't as intensive as those of you who have hundreds, I would recommend for anyone other than the "collectors" of microbadges to eliminate them... it was a cathartic spring cleaning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to resurrect this dead thread to throw in my 2 cents as well.

PLEASE give us a way to filter the contest microbadges on the edit microbadges page. I really want to keep mine, but it makes it really hard to find the others.

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Put "on" some 'tunes' at BGG
'moi' HATH "music videos" on MEIN! The ONE with Sue Lyons featured is *wonderfulfillment* on its OWN! I've also gotten a "Western" movie with her in that since it was a 'combo-collection' assortment.
/kiss\
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
'moi' HATH "music videos" on MEIN! The ONE with Sue Lyons featured is *wonderfulfillment* on its OWN! I've also gotten a "Western" movie with her in that since it was a 'combo-collection' assortment.
/kiss\

What is it like being a modern day surrealist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
wkufan89 wrote:
What is it like being a modern day surrealist?
FROM the "Star Trek Future" even? Episode: Stardate: OICU812 "Prism, Prism" robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.