Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrique García
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I've got a copy that has only 9 Stone Buildings, two of them are the architec, Is my copy wrong?. I've seem a image in this web that showed only one architech and a building that change gold for prestige points, Is this correct???. I'm very confused...

Thank you all!!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9 stone buildings, 2 architects, yes. The building changing gold to prestige was a promotional building I think, not included in the standard box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. There are two architects. The jeweler was another stone building that comes with the 2nd edition, although you can order it directly from Jay Tummelson of Rio Grande Games through PayPal (along with the 2nd edition money) as per directions on his Rio Grande Games website: www.riograndegames.com

"For those who bought the first edition of Caylus, I now have the coins and the Jeweler tile that were included in the second edition. If you want these items, please send $4.00 ($5.00 for those outside the US) to my paypal account - cafejay@aol.com. Please include a note and your address so I know what you want and where I should send it."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a link to the bitmap of the Jeweller tile from this forum (under links, I think).

I printed it out onto cardstock; it's a little thinner than the other tiles, but it's perfectly usable. I guess you could print onto paper and paste that onto some thicker cardstock if you wanted the best job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a brief note - the Jeweler tile and coins available from Rio Grande Games are for those who purchased the first edition of Caylus from Rio Grande. I have learned that those publishers other the RGG who produced the second edition (this includes Esdevium in the UK) did not include the jeweler tile (but did include the new coins). I did not make sufficient number of the extra coins and tiles to accomodate these people. If you have one of these games, you can ask the publisher, but I do not think they have planned to make the jeweler tile available.

Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There are supposed ot be two architects in the 2nd edition game? I thought I had an extra tile by mistake in my game since the rules show only 9 stone buildings. I held it out of our games assuming it was just extra. I do have the jeweler and alchemist also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.