Popular Tags: [View All]
Irving
Australia
Sydney, Potts Point
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do not appear to be there for the Avengers ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read in several places about the lack of characters being
included. I was actually happy to hear this, because if the
game is successful, then it leaves room for more expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
Expanding the game will be really easy! I can imagine, maybe they will offer new heroes/villains in the future as expansions.
You only need a character sheet and the plastic miniature.
The only problem will be, that the Avengers or X-Men will be (naturally) better to expand than the Fantastic Four, because they are..... well... four.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhani Nurminen
Finland
flag msg tools
Well, the Fantastic Four have had a couple of other people in the roster, like She-Hulk, Crystal and Medusa, but they are covered in the Ally-cards, so that might be a problem.

I'm hoping for cool Masterminds, like Kang, Ultron, Baron Zemo, Apocalypse, and so on. (Even though Ultron is in the game as a regular villain and Kang isn't too much fond of schemes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
If they make the new main Heroes to be used in the game simply remove the ally card of that hero and insert a new ally card of the removed main hero,

example:

Fantastic Four: Remove the She-Hulk ally and have her as a main hero while you remove Thing from F4 and get a new ally card of him instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that there are only 4 heroes per team. Cap, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor seem to be more recognizable and iconic than the other 2. IMO, the designers made the better choices. Hopefully, some expansions will give an opportunity for Wasp and Gman to appear. Personally, I would rather see a DC Heroes version of this game with interchangeble components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
I would rather see a DC Heroes version of this game with interchangeble components.

Sure, the Batman would rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Rogers
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All this expansion talk and the game isn't even out in the U.S. yet!
But for adding teammates to the teams, you could simply make ally versions of say Mr. Fantastic and a hero card of She-Hulk and swap them. You could also add new teams. But what new teams for Marvel? Excalibur? Alpha Flight? X-Factor? West Coast Avengers? S.H.I.E.L.D.?

I've never really been a big fan of DC, so I didn't really know that much about their teams, but you could do JLA, Teen Titans, Doom Patrol and maybe like a Bat-Team, with Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing maybe Catwoman (hey, Marvel Knights have Elektra).

I'd like to see the B.P.R.D. though! Hellboy, Liz Sherman, Abe Sapien and Roger the Homonculus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoove_de wrote:
better to expand than the Fantastic Four, because they are..... well... four.

I'm hoping for a Willy Lumpkin.

http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Willie_Lumpkin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
"Abilities: Willie Lumpkin can wiggle his ears"

Yeah, I guess all super-villains will crap their pants when you're confronting them with Willie Lumpkin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
Forbush Man and Aunt Mayhem! Of course, not even the Beyonder could stand up to those two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a little disappointed about the missing Avengers Founders. Hulk was a member for 2 issues? It's not like the Avengers team needs the extra power! An ally card could have worked better for the Hulk and Wasp should have been included as a member. But that's just my opinion.

A Hank Pym ally card would have nice. A 16 inch Giant Man figure would have been nicer!

As for new heroes in expansions that already exist as allies; what about Professor X? He's already in the game twice: as an Ally AND as Jean Greys Combat Special Ability.

Why couldn't She Hulk be an active member of the Fantastic Four and still have an Ally card for the FF or any other team to play? She's always worked well with others as well as being a member of at least three different teams. She helped the Avengers quite often while she was an active member of the Fantastic Four, so why not allow that during gameplay?

My point is, we wouldn't have to remove anything by adding a hero that already exists as an ally.

I would also argue for Spider-Man, Thing, and Wolverine Ally cards for any team to use. They're always popping up in everybody elses books anyway. Ally cards for all heroes!

How about a Baron Zemo Hero card AND Nemesis card? He really is his own worst enemy.

Anything's possible in comics!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.