Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Low
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some people even get offended by the question, but I have to ask. It sounds like an impressive game, but I would love to read the rules before looking further at this pricey game.

I don't see them at Splotter's website, so I assume they aren't available, correct?

-Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nevis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
N-H
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't seen them anywhere, but I would recommend watching Scott's Indonesia episode http://www.boardgameswithscott.com/?p=17.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talrich wrote:
I know some people even get offended by the question, but I have to ask. It sounds like an impressive game, but I would love to read the rules before looking further at this pricey game.

I don't see them at Splotter's website, so I assume they aren't available, correct?

-Greg

Not yet, but I hope to have the second edition rules available as PDF soon (TM) so I can post them

Jeroen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nevis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
N-H
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean 'the updated rules accompanying the second edition of Indonesia' (if so, I didn't know a second edition was being printed) or 'the second edition of the rules belonging to the first edition of Indonesia'?

Anyway, I'm glad that there will finally be an official rules update (after having to wait more than a year).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BenNevis wrote:
Does that mean 'the updated rules accompanying the second edition of Indonesia'.

This one. We reprinted Indonesia just prior to the Spiel fair.

Jeroen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
When is a FAQ coming out? Please?

cry

I thought one had been talked about for awhile...

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and when will the 2nd printing be available in the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Low
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting the rules (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/20219). Indonesia is at the top of my Christmas list this year!

-Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the rules to the 2nd edition the only changes to the game? I.E. No baord or components errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wofford
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see any differences by looking through the rules. I have the 1st ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
An easy way to see if you have the first or second edition of the rules is to look at the Colofon page. If the top right hand side starts: Playtesting, you have the first edition. If the top right hand side starts: Comments & Questions, you have the second edition.

For owners of the first edition - here are the changes I found:

Page 6 LH Column: Suggestions for Ship Types - Paragraph added indicating that no ships are even taken off the board (even after a merger)

Page 6 RH Column: Siap Faji mergers - Clarification how to remove goods after a siap faji merger, and a clarificaiton that rice and spice need not be balanced.

Page 7 RH Column: Operating shipping companies - Clarification of expansion and a note how merged shipping lines work.

Page 7 RH Column: Operating production companies - Clarification of the meaning of a production area. Clarification that the city area also needs to be next to a ship.

Page 8 Graphics: Top graphic - removed erroneous reference to Sulawesi in the top graphic. Bottom graphic - added word Not Connected to relevant circle.

Page 8 RH Column: Operating production companies - Clarification on expansion of merged companies.

Page 8 RH Column: Last Earnings Double - Fleshed out and clarified last earnings section.

Page 9: Added a section on map issues. Specifically, the situation around Bali/Jawa Timur, the area of Maluku, and the meaning of the symbols.

As other have pointed out, the changes are clarifications incorporating what has been discussed on the geek. For example - the meaning of the symbols is taken verbatim from my response to that very question here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/733737#733737
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.