Subject: Question about the solo-play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would I want to score a color so high it would get to the second score board and start from 0? I mean, if the solitair's goal is to get total score as high as possible, so why won't I want to just intentionally not score anything after I get the colors to a high number?
Example:
I have 16+- in each color in the first score board. That's pretty high, so I see no point of scoring more points in each color. Instead, I'm placing the tiles in positions where I'll not get any points. Because if I will get points, some of the colors would jump to 0 and my score would be lower then if I wouldn't have try and score them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it would help you to think of the second track as a continuation of the the first track and you add the scores...or at the very least, any score on the second track is always worth more than a score on the first track. The way I see it, you aren't starting over when you make it to the second track, it's more like you've gone up a level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So rulewise, position nu. 1 in the 2nd scoreboard worth 19 points, 2 worth 20 points, ans etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
So rulewise, position nu. 1 in the 2nd scoreboard worth 19 points, 2 worth 20 points, ans etc?

Exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tnx!
Just one final clarification- position nu. 0 in the 2nd scoreboard worth 18 points, not 0, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Tnx!
Just one final clarification- position nu. 0 in the 2nd scoreboard worth 18 points, not 0, right?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I am trying to clarify. If I get 4 points in one colour and my score is currently 17. Do I just move to the 0 position or would I move to the 3 on the second board; 1 point taking me to 18 / 0 and the other 3 points taking me to 3... or does the score start at 0 no matter if I had got 1 point or 6?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
baconcow wrote:
One thing I am trying to clarify. If I get 4 points in one colour and my score is currently 17. Do I just move to the 0 position or would I move to the 3 on the second board; 1 point taking me to 18 / 0 and the other 3 points taking me to 3... or does the score start at 0 no matter if I had got 1 point or 6?

Thanks

I have always played that you must stop at 18.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. This idea sounds like it could add a strategic element as you must be more careful to which move you play. So that you only hit 18, instead of going far over, while still keeping an efficient game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.