25 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Random squad generator based on collection? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Chappell
msg tools
mbmbmb
Then seems like it would be a massive undertaking if it was ever done. Would have to be a charged for app or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ironhide1 wrote:
I'm looking for something where I can enter what I own by set/expansion, and then create random squads based on what's in my collection?

Does such a thing exist, be it in spreadsheet or app form?

I know one exists and I have seen it around but I cant place the name. Ill check my history and see what I come up with.

It really isn't that massive you enter the ship and the number you have so it automatically knows what upgrades you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Evil
United States
naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The one that i found is called Fab's Squadrons Generator. You put in the number of expansions you have and at the bottom click random and it'll make squads for all three factions. Its not always the smartest with the upgrades but with little changes the teams seems decently balanced.

http://fabpsb.free.fr/gindex.php?lng=en

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abhishek
United Kingdom
coventry
west midland
flag msg tools
mb
this one does something similar

http://fabpsb.free.fr/gindex.php

although at times generated squads are quite suboptimal so some tweaking might be needed for good builds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abhishek
United Kingdom
coventry
west midland
flag msg tools
mb
and scott shoots first surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://xwing-builder.co.uk/

Use Facebook login, save your collection, note that the fleets are sorta randomly generated based on both your collection and the more popular load outs for each ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Chappell
msg tools
mbmbmb
Glad I came across this thread today, these are pretty nice. I'm in a similar position as the OP. When I buy I tend to get a little ahead of myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Kropf
United States
Brownsville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I cannot not not not not not not not not not not not not not not tell a lie. But man can I obscure the truth or what?
mbmbmbmbmb
ironhide1 wrote:
Those are exactly what I'm looking for except for one minor detail. I want to be able to save my collection so I don't have to reenter my collection each time. Other than that, exactly what I'm looking for.

The intent, is the collector in me outpaced the player. So I've got a ton of stuff, but I can't play anything that well. So basically, looking to create random squads, play them and then tweak them. Keep what works, trade out what doesn't.

I use the Fabpsb generator as my main squad builder, fi you use it on a computer it will remember your stuff for next time, I never have to reenter my stuff (unless I clear cookies), alternatively you could copy the numbers out of the quick selection at the top so you can restore your collection every time you use it with a single copy/paste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should do FB just for this. It's that good.

ironhide1 wrote:
jonnyd76 wrote:

Use Facebook login, save your collection, note that the fleets are sorta randomly generated based on both your collection and the more popular load outs for each ship.

I've heard about this one a lot. Unfortunately, I am stubborn and refuse to do Facebook. So not being able to use that one is my own fault. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Snyder
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't agree more. Even if you create a FB account and never touch it, this site will change the game for you. *WARNING* It can be addictive!!!!

Goshawk wrote:
You should do FB just for this. It's that good.

ironhide1 wrote:
jonnyd76 wrote:

I've heard about this one a lot. Unfortunately, I am stubborn and refuse to do Facebook. So not being able to use that one is my own fault. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
As in the Scum tab is not present?

Try a different browser.... Or the Roy-famous "turn it off and on again"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Chappell
msg tools
mbmbmb
ironhide1 wrote:
One odd thing is it says I do not have enough ships for a scum list.

However, I have:
2 Hawks
1 Firespray
1 Aggressor
1 Most Wanted
1 Starviper
1 M3-A

That should be plenty for a Scum list.

Not on topic with your point, but is the Firespray a scum ship? I thought it was imperial in this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chappymonster wrote:
Not on topic with your point, but is the Firespray a scum ship? I thought it was imperial in this game?

There are cards & dials and tokens in Most wanted to make it scummy...as it should be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into the same problem when I attempted "mixed" and "swarm." "Elite" worked. I'm guessing, but he probably has not input a large number of Scum combinations yet? I have a collection similar to yours, but with 3x Sycks and 3x Z-95s.

ironhide1 wrote:

However, I have:
2 Hawks
1 Firespray
1 Aggressor
1 Most Wanted
1 Starviper
1 M3-A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"All too easy."

ironhide1 wrote:
Goshawk wrote:
I ran into the same problem when I attempted "mixed" and "swarm." "Elite" worked. I'm guessing, but he probably has not input a large number of Scum combinations yet? I have a collection similar to yours, but with 3x Sycks and 3x Z-95s.

ironhide1 wrote:

However, I have:
2 Hawks
1 Firespray
1 Aggressor
1 Most Wanted
1 Starviper
1 M3-A

Elite didn't yield results either. I guess that means I need to buy more ships...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ironhide1 wrote:
Goshawk wrote:

ironhide1 wrote:

However, I have:
2 Hawks
1 Firespray
1 Aggressor
1 Most Wanted
1 Starviper
1 M3-A

Elite didn't yield results either. I guess that means I need to buy more ships...

Well, you DEFINITELY need another Aggressor...and if you don't want to use the rebel ships, a few more Most Wanted to swarm black sun Z95s... Then the Scyk cannon swarms... Fortunately the cheapest Firespray is 35 so you technically only need 1 more...unless you want to do 3 Imperial vs... And there's always epic, so 4 Aggressors total...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.