Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend Bronwyn and I played a fan-made scenario entitled "Liberation Strike" (available here: http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=37). The scenario has the Krav Maga agents guarded by Sgt. Drake--Drake just sits there until someone kills him, and that player immediately gains the agents to use. It seemed like an attractive terrain, and since we always draft the Krav Maga agents first anyway they seemed to be a good prize to fight over. With the agents unavailable, we were also forced to try new people (we haven't played a lot of Heroscape).
She drafted the Nakita agents (my only expansion), Grimnak, the Marro Warriors, and the Airborne Elite.
I drafted the Zettian Guards, Agent Carr, Deathwalker, and Railin.

The Airborne deployed on the first turn, and they immediately claimed the high ground and the glyphs. They then proceeded to inflict a couple of wounds on Railin. Things did not start out well. I was able to take out a couple of guards with the Zettians, though, after a couple of lucky rolls. Agent Carr made a break for Drake, taking an ineffectual potshot at an elite that was waiting across the river. Everyone else advanced carefully.

The next turn got bloody. The Nakita agents killed Agent Carr before he was able to get across the river. So much for killing Drake, I thought. Bronwyn's victory was short-lived, because the Deathwalker was able to kill a Marro warrior and all three of the Nakitas with an explosion attack; her formation was far too dense, and the smoke powder of the agnets didn't work. The Marro re-spawned rather than attacking, the lone remaining Airborne Elite inflicted another wound on Railin. Grimnak continued his advance towards the front.

The next turn saw Railin getting killed by the Marro warriors, but Deathwalker finished them off for good with the help of the Zettian Guards. The Soulborgs took the high ground and also finished off the Ariborne Elite.

Next turn saw a lucky break for Bronwyn (finally), as Grimnak chomped the poor guard Sgt. Drake to death. The Krav Maga agents were free, and hers to control. This, too, was brief, as she carelessly deployed them adjacent to each other. A single Deathwalker explosion killed them all. The dice hated her. A couple of shots against Grimnak resulted in two wounds.

The next turn, Grimnak valiantly charged the Soulborgs at the top of the hill. He was able to chomp a Zettian to death and was on his way to trying to do the same to the Deathwalker when heavy fire put the dino down. My win.

It was very close, and I quite frankly would have lost badly had I not been able to kill all the Krav Maga agents with one shot. She outplayed me (poor deployment notwithstanding), and my melee fighters were wiped out unceremoniously quickly. I will say, though, that being able to roll 12 defense dice with the Deathwalker was pretty sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.