Subject: 1KBWC Virgins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A. Lombard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd stumbled across 1KBWC on the Geek and thought it looked like fun, if only I could convince my regular group to give it a try...

N was up for it immediately, but I knew he would be. Anything with the opportunity for dealing out horrible, random death on his friends and family and he's in.

My wife, P, was 50/50. Neither for nor against. Her sister, S, was a different story. Openly skeptical. "How do you win?" she kept asking. "Well," I said, "it's not about winning, really. It's about having goofy, slapsticky fun."

"Hmm," she said. "But I can win, right?"

As soon as we started making cards, P was up to 100%, finishing her cards in no time and begging blanks from us. S was still very skeptical, complaining that she had no good ideas, but as soon as we started playing she said "Oh. I get it," and that was that.

Example cards from our first 1KBWC session:

"Master Card" (with little credit card picture) - Gain 1000 points, then loose 1500 points

"Blame Canada" Diabetes increases, Boston Bruins riot and a cold front blows over the U.S. - 600 pts unless you have any other Canada card, then +200

My wife was fond of these Canada cards (being from Alberta) and soon they became a nice theme, which forced me to create the "Nuke the North" card, eliminating all Canada cards from the game.

By now S had the idea and created the "Dropping the Soap in Jail" card. -800 pts. (I'll let you imagine the picture.)

My wife created the "Gay Pride" card to counteract the "Soap in Jail" card.

"Chuck Norris" and "Jack Bauer" made quick work of some nasty, nasty modifyers, and N's "Bullet Train to HELL!!!" made it so I could only hold 1 card in my hand for the rest of the game.

Great first session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.