Brian & Cara Conry
United States
Bentonville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All, I'm a gamer, but I have tolerances (unlike my husband). I'm all about playing some and definitely want to be around in the evening (I want to get in some Werewolf). Last year, when I tired out of games, I just hid in my hotel room, which was quite boring. I know some of you are bringing spouses/significant others, who are not gamers. I'm wanting to organize a trip to the JFK museum and maybe some shopping at the outlet malls. I'm driving to BGG.con and would have room for 3, possibly 4 (if they are small framed) to fit in my vehicle. I know from other posts, there are others out there. If we exceed the fit for my vehicle, maybe others who are driving can volunteer a vehicle as well.

You can feel free to email me to reserve a slot, but also post it here and whether or not you have access to a vehicle. I'm thinking maybe late morning Friday until later afternoon. The only requirement I have is that we see the JFK museum (which we could take the train to see if needed), other than that, I'm game.

Anyone know the best malls/outlets to visit in Dallas area? If so, can you give me either the address or basic area in DFW it is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Northpark is known as one of the nicer/fancier malls on the corner of 75 Central and Northwest HW (about 6 exists north on 75 from downtown).

I'm not sure about things really close to downtown though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian & Cara Conry
United States
Bentonville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Velusion wrote:
I'm not sure about things really close to downtown though.

Doesn't have to be downtown, I'm willing to travel 30 min-1 hr to some good outlet malls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grapevine Mills is a large "in-town" outlet mall just north of DFW airport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Excursion/Shopping trip in Dallas on Fri or Sat (maybe b
I will most likely spend most of my time gaming, BUT I was hoping to get a chance to find a pair of nice *cheap* cowboy boots. I figure Dallas might have a better selection than New York? Anyway, let's try to connect at the con. My friend might also be interested in shopping, not sure... We're both not very "small" and we don't have a car...

I'll email you my number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jullie
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Excursion/Shopping trip in Dallas on Fri or Sat (maybe b
If you are looking for deals (and great deals at that), Grapvine Mills is the place to go. It will be a little bit of a trek (45 minutes from the CON), but it is well worth it. My wife goes out there a few times a year and always comes back with great deals. Plus, it's a really cool outlet mall.

If you are looking to window shop at some ritzy places, then the Galleria is the place to go. It's on 635 just east of 35 (about a 20 minute drive from the CON). It's NOT a place to find deals, but it's fun to go check out all the crazy high end stores that you don't find in your regular malls.

If you are looking for a "regular mall", then go to Valley View which is also on 635 just east of the Galleria (they are about 1 minute apart). There is nothing special about this mall, but it does have my favorite game store in the area (Game Chest). It's a cool store that has some interesting out of print stuff tucked along with the tradional fare.

Hope that helps. BTW, the JFK museum is a break place to go, plus it's only about 2 minutes from the CON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Orr
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
I hunger!!!
badge
Galactus wants to know if you have been Naughty or Nice
mbmbmbmbmb
Northpark Mall is one of the best malls that I have been to in the country. Even more so with the recent renovations/additions. It is also only 15-20mins north of the con site.

-Brett

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.