5 Posts

Thunderstone Advance: Worlds Collide» Forums » Rules

Subject: What piles can you look through? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
They come with fire, they come with axes... gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning! Destroyers and usurpers, curse them!
badge
When Summer lies upon the world, and in a noon of gold, Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold; When woodland halls are green and cool, and wind is in the West, Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't seen this being specifically described in the rules.

The way I play is that you CAN look at any time through:
1) your discard pile, without rearranging it
2) any hero stack
3) destroyed cards pile

And, obviously, you CANNOT* look through:
1) your opponent's discard pile
2) any player's draw pile
3) monsters pile
4) curses pile

*Unless otherwise specified by a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
We play the same way.

We are also loose on shuffling your discard pile: when it appears you won't have enough cards, e.g. 3-4 left in your deck, reshuffle so you aren't delaying other players. Place the shuffled cards under your remaining deck.

This usually grows as the game plays depending on how many 'draw cards' are floating in your deck.

The risk is something has an action impacting your discard pile. Usually it is obvious, e.g. choose any card to discard, so you can re-separate, find, and re-shuffle. We are casual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
They come with fire, they come with axes... gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning! Destroyers and usurpers, curse them!
badge
When Summer lies upon the world, and in a noon of gold, Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold; When woodland halls are green and cool, and wind is in the West, Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Raujour wrote:
We are also loose on shuffling your discard pile: when it appears you won't have enough cards, e.g. 3-4 left in your deck, reshuffle so you aren't delaying other players.

The risk is something has an action impacting your discard pile.

Not only. Say it's your turn next, you have only 3 cards in your draw pile, and so you reshuffle before your turn. On your turn you go to village and level up 3 heroes. Now, they all go to the new discard pile, instead of going to the old discard pile, and so you won't be able to draw any of them for quite a while. Actually, you probably won't be able to draw any heroes for quite a while.

Alternatively, you go to the Dungeon and kill a monster that gives you a disease. Instead of putting the monster and the diseases into your draw deck, where they will start clogging up your play, you put it separately, giving yourself an advantage.

Now what if someone always reshuffles in advance in the second case and never reshuffles in advance in the first case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moore
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Th334 wrote:

And, obviously, you CANNOT* look through:
1) your opponent's discard pile
2) any player's draw pile
3) monsters pile
4) curses pile

*Unless otherwise specified by a card.

Why wouldn't you be able to look through the curses pile? Aren't they all the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
belibutn wrote:
Why wouldn't you be able to look through the curses pile? Aren't they all the same?

Diseases and Iron Wind are all the same; Curses and Special Diseases are different, and so should be in a face-down draw deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.