ben Allen
msg tools
Hi there! I'm new to this contest and the forums.

Balo is a two player competitive game that plays a bit like Stratego, a bit like Chess, and a bit like some other thing all its own. The game is about strategically placing your pieces to counter your opponent and capture their flag. The complete set of rules is below.

Average game time: Can be as short as 10 minutes or as long as 90 minutes. Depends on player skill.

The rules: Here is the rules uploaded through Dropbox.

Download rules from Dropbox

Temporary downloadable windows version I haven't finished the printable version yet, which will be added here when it's done. Until then I have a windows executable version of the game which you and another person can play locally. I would love feedback, criticism, and/or requests, so feel free to speak your mind! make sure to download the rules when you play, because there aren't any in game rules.

Download 1.90MB executable from Dropbox

Pictures of the game: This isn't what the printable version will look like. This is prototype V2 (V1 was a piece of graph paper) which is made out of art board, poster board, and note cards.

Don't get confused by the picture below when you read the rules! The board starts empty, this is just for organization and to show everything together.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.