Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
Last game we came up with a question about the card "May Parker". I think there is one like that for every team.
We weren't sure if it grants plot-counters for laying down new allies or for activating those during combat. Again a confusing german translation here...

Happy Dice,

BadPritt cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Cards like "Mary Parker" - what do they exactly do ?
Stefan!

I will try to explain this how we played it.
Maybe the text on the card is a bit confusing, but in fact quite straight forward.

You play May Parker like any other Ally-card.

1. If you are Marvel Knights you put a Plot-Point on the card.
1b. If you are not Marvel Knights the Plot-Point goes back to the supply.
2. Then you get an additional plot-point and put it on the card.
3. Then as usual you are allowed to put another plot-point on the card

So you are having three, two or one plot-points on the card.

Later in the game you can pay plot-points that you would need to activate Allies of the Marvel Knights with plot-points that are on May Parker or even with discarding the card itself.

To put it a bit more straight: You can play one Ally-card for free with these kind of cards.

You get the plot-point back, you needed to activate May Parker, so she didn't cost you anything. Then you can later use the card to pay allies by discarding it.

It's a bit confusing having so much text for so little gain that you have from these cards.

I have to add something... When you are Marvel Knights, you actually get to play TWO allies for free, because you put the plot-point, you pay for May Parker also on the card.
We always played it that way, that if you are Marvel Knights and discard May Parker to pay for an ally card you also get the usual plot-point from the supply to put it on the ally card, like you would if paying the card normally.

... but maybe I'm wrong doing the Math here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoove_de wrote:

I will try to explain this how we played it.
Maybe the text on the card is a bit confusing, but in fact quite straight forward.

Infact I disagree that it is that clear that this would be the only way to interprete it. We played it the way that Mary could "pay" when you lay down Allies afterwards. Again, the german translation is realy a mess here... (At least 2 ppl appeared to be sure that you could only play 1 ally per turn, according to the translation..... )
An offical answer would be very nice...

Happy dice,

BadPritt cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
BadPritt wrote:

Again, the german translation is realy a mess here...

Hi Stefan,

as much as this is true for some things in the rule book, in this special case I wouldn't agree with you.

Actually, you just need to read the card step by step following the text and carry it out.

1. Play May Parker (by paying a plot-point)
2. Receive one Plot-Point and put it on the card
3. If you like to play Marvel-Knights-Allies in the future, pay with plot-points on May Parker, or if they aren't any plot-points left, pay with discarding the card itself.

C'Mon. It's easy! wowlaugh

The only thing that is not clear for me, and we played that by agreement,
if you are the Marvel Knights player and discard May Parker, are you allowed
to take a plot-point from the supply and put it on the Ally
?... because normally
you don't pay the points to the supply but you put it on the Ally-cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have uploaded a picture of the card here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fullimage/161237

"...Wenn du einen Verb√ľndeten der Marvel Knights ausspielst, kannst du die Aktivierungskosten alternativ mit Handlungspunkten auf May Parker oder indem du sie selbst abwirfst bezahlen."
The term "ausspielen" is only used by the german rules when refering to playing out cards FROM YOUR HAND.
So May Parker pays the activation costs when you PLAY an ally of the Marvel Knights. So activation cost payment when you lay out a new ally ? Miracle of the German translation again....

Happy dice,

BadPritt cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The way these cards work is that you can use the plot points on them (and you can discard them) to activate the ability of another ally, essentially allowing other allies to stay around longer.

Allies can only be put on the table during the planning phase, there's no exception to this rule in the present incarnation of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you very much Roberto!

However, this explanation turns my above-mentioned remarks to nonsense.
Finally able to play it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.