Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded and played the 2-player AoS map of Scotland designed by Kevin Duffy. Kudos and thanks to Kevin for producing a fine variant. Thanks also to Maarten D. de Jong for posting a nice version of the map here. More about the map can be found here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/81906

I had three questions about the rules for this map that weren't covered in that thread.

First, since it is two player, how much does the first player to drop out of the bidding pay? Nothing, half of their last bid (rounded up), or something else? (We tried "half rounded up" and it worked fine.)

Second, do you use the standard 8 new cities for urbanization, so that you end up with at most one purple city and (potentially) 4 black cities? (We used these 8 -- it worked OK, but there seem to be too many black.)

Finally, how does the Glasgow/Ayr link count at the end of the game (assuming that Ayr is urbanized)? We played that it added 1 to your score -- but it also could be 0 since there is no track tile there -- yet it is a completed link, so it seemed something was appropriate.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Our final score was 73-72 (or 73-71, if counting Glasgow/Ayr as 0), and so it was a very tight game!

-KentuckyKid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

1. We play 1st to drop out pays nothing. Experiment with paying half and write a report, I've been thinking of trying that.

2. We play with all new cities but, again, feel free to experiment with less blacks.

3. Ayr-Gla is a zero track link if urbanized and doesn't add to your score.

Glad you liked it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing the map a billion times both ways I think I prefer the person droping out paying half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Muir
United States
New Braunfels
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no purple starting cities on this map. Should one of the yellow be purple like when playing the 2er on the original map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.