6 Posts

Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: General Clarifications on Tao Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. The village space that weakens a color by 1. Does the token have to be available in the supply to put it on the village space? I ask because we were fighting a 5 black token wu-feng, but with all 4 black tokens in play, we couldn't also weaken him on that village square.

2. The village space where you can roll for 2 tokens. Once again, the supply limits them doesn't it? So, in introduction mode, the game starts out with all 4 black tokens out. If I roll 2 black die, to bad, I get nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
squegeeboo wrote:
1. The village space that weakens a color by 1. Does the token have to be available in the supply to put it on the village space? I ask because we were fighting a 5 black token wu-feng, but with all 4 black tokens in play, we couldn't also weaken him on that village square.

2. The village space where you can roll for 2 tokens. Once again, the supply limits them doesn't it? So, in introduction mode, the game starts out with all 4 black tokens out. If I roll 2 black die, to bad, I get nothing?

The answer to both questions is yes. #2 is the downside to starting the game with black tokens for each player. Of course, you could house rule that any colors rolled that have no tokens available can be treated as white (so you could pick them), but I do not think the rules are that way in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In both cases (all cases, in fact), yes, the supply of Tao tokens is specifically limited. If there are no Tao tokens of a particular color left in the supply, no player can collect tokens of that color.

Yeah, this game is tough...even on Initiation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During an exorcism, you're allowed to spend TT even though you don't need them. So you can fight a black or non-black ghost, and still toss in a TT uselessly just to seed the pool for it to go on the Circle Of Prayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
During an exorcism, you're allowed to spend TT even though you don't need them. So you can fight a black or non-black ghost, and still toss in a TT uselessly just to seed the pool for it to go on the Circle Of Prayer.

A strict interpretation of the rules does not support this.

Ghost Stories Rules, page 5 wrote:
If the player does not succeed with only the dice, he may spend Tao tokens of the corresponding color to match the ghost resistance and beat it.

However, you may be recalling another thread in which you referred to a reply from Antoine where he allowed it as a variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

A strict interpretation of the rules does not support this.

Ghost Stories Rules, page 5 wrote:
If the player does not succeed with only the dice, he may spend Tao tokens of the corresponding color to match the ghost resistance and beat it.

However, you may be recalling another thread in which you referred to a reply from Antoine where he allowed it as a variant.
Luckily, if a black ghost is out, then chances are, you'll be able to spend them the correct way anyways

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.