Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dore
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played an interesting game today. The lawyer was before the mason. So I would repeatedly replace the church with a residence, then rebuild the church. I was going doing the point track so this was very useful. By the end there were 4 residences after the peddler. So we ended up running out of building squares. My question is:

If there are no more spaces for new grey or brown buildings, but there are still unbuilt ones, can you keep going past the end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Running out of building squares?
Wow! We've never even got close to runnning out of spaces.

However, I would say the number of spaces is limited.

If you go for building as much as possible in the castle, your spaces are limited, so I would say the same applies here.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Attia
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdore wrote:
If there are no more spaces for new grey or brown buildings, but there are still unbuilt ones, can you keep going past the end?

No, the road has a limited number of building places and it is not allowed to build (or move the provost) beyond it.

William

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dore
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a thought: if you build a residence, can you replace the statue that you built last turn?

If you can, you could continually rebuild it, taking the favours each time in the vp or even the build track to rebuild the residence back over the statue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whistler
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Knob Creek Manhattan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the prestige buildings, unlike the wood and stone buildings, are NOT craft buildings, and therefore cannot be lawyered into residence. Same goes for the residence (so you cannot use the lawyer to build one residence over another for 2 PP.)

In general, I don't think the game intends to allow an infinite cycle of rebuilds on the same square. Only 3 builds at the most (carpenter or mason, lawyer, architect).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dore
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:
I just had a thought: if you build a residence, can you replace the statue that you built last turn?

If you can, you could continually rebuild it, taking the favours each time in the vp or even the build track to rebuild the residence back over the statue.

I'm pretty sure residences can only replace pink, brown or gray. However I frequently do the trick you just described with the church instead of the statue. It works better if you are going down the points track and if the lawyer and mason positions are favorable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.