Crystal Code» Forums » Rules

Subject: Need help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rimgaudas Leonavicius
Lithuania
flag msg tools
I gos in that situation:
I win first final round and could finish my mashine with crystals, but left to winn one more crystall to finisf.
But I win the 2 final rounds and got 6 crystals at the end of game. but I cant finish my machine with 6 crystals. because all my machine cards was need to fill with 5 or 7 crystals.
I tryed to discard card 2=1. but I didnt got card.

Question is: can I build another machine if I think that the first is enouth filed with crystas? can I left any crystals at my hands in the end of game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peter hagbok
Sweden
stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote the designer about this but havent got any response yet. But talking to the company salesman who have played it a lot gave:

- you may NOT start another machine
- if you complete your machine early in the game "I guess you wait for the others to finish"

The first statement makes the game really anoying. You must have the right cards and manage to bring in the right amount of crystals to succeed. The rules doesnt say what to do in those cases (2/4 players got this problem in my testgame). Its really bad! Otherwise most people think the puzzlepart is fun.

So my advise: Make up some houserules and enyoy the puzzling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rimgaudas Leonavicius
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Thanks for an answer.

I understant the point. I different got in the rules.
The aim of a game is to biuld the bigger machine then the other players. So if the other player have not so big machine or hi has finished his machine, so you have to do it 1 crystal bigger to win.
But in the end of game is crystal collecting risk. One player can get all crystals and do bigger machine then Yours.

And the other question:
is any additional cards or rules to make game more difficult in biulding machine? I think that is too simple. Because You cant do disasters to Your oponents. Bring crystals from their machines and etc.

AND about code:
Game rules sais - solving code in every room with 5 cards code. But I solved it everytime first. Is any comparison possibilities in thar if You are solving 5 cards code OR with 6, 7, 8 cards code?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.