Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Ligabue
Italy
Modena
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday evening was another good evening/night of game at Club TreEmme Modena: it was the time for Marvel Heroes, the new game from Maggi-Nepitello (Nexus).

We was 4 player: me, Gianluca, Marco and Saverio.

I got the Avengers, Marco the X-Man, Gianluca The Marvel Knights and Saverio the Fantastic Four.

Apart me the other players was at their first game so I have to explain the the rules: since no one of them was used to heavy rules, I try to take it easy but they have an hard time: probably it would be better to play a turn and explain what is going to happens and eventually restart the game after the first turn.

Anyway: the first turn was a total disaster: all mission was with a 5 or 6 difficulty rating. I got Iron Man knocked down (and it was supported by Captain America) and also the Fantastic Four and Marvel Knights got beaten in they first turn: only X-Man was able to fulfill the first mission. But me and Saverio got 2 story cards each.

In the second turn thanks to two good allies cards I was able to finish a 5 points mission and get also my 3rd story card: x-man was knocked down by their Arcinemesis. I finished the 2nd round first (tied with Gianluca) and so we got for the 3rd round. I got Iron Man improvement (3 KO) and so I prepare him and Hulk, with Thor in support, for the 3rd round. I was able to fulfill a 6 points mission and we go for the 3rd round. I got the second team improvement (the car) and I let Hulk in Manatthan: I was lucky and a mission appear in the Hulck district.

I was able to fulfill two mission in my last round and finished tied with the Marvle Knights (Gianluca) but I won since I got 2 team improvements and he got only one.

I confirm my impression about this game: really, really good. It is a game almost all about resources management (you got trama points, allies and heroes and you have to organize and optimize your team to best fulfill what is in map, also thinking about other players that come first in the turn).

I really like the rules for combats: the old paper-scissor-rock recipe cooked in a very nice way! And everything in the game is so Marvelish!

I'm sure I replay the game soon: my only complains is about the length of the game, but it was so funny that it is really not a problem.

You can see the full session including pictures at my blog here

http://liga3m.blogspot.com/2006/11/friday-evening-at-club-tr...

good play
Liga

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kidsley
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Long Eaton, Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrea

I am looking forward to seeing this game and while I too have reservations about game length, hope there will be a way to shorten it without sacrificing fun (shorter VP goal?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Ligabue
Italy
Modena
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you could play with shorten VP but I think the game will miss something because I think playing longer you can get a better equilibrium eliminating some randomness: a player could get easily 10 VP but after he has to fight always against his nemesis and the other players to reach 15 VP and that is positive for the game. If you stop, pereaphs, at 10 a really lucky player could have an easy way to win.

Good play
Liga

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice report and nice pictures! One thing, just for future reference - I'm assuming English is your second language? It is "the X-Men" not the "X-Man" - just wanted to mention that because I'm a BIG Marvel buff (fan), read all the comics, and X-Man is an actual character in the Marvel universe, while the X-Men are the group in the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Ligabue
Italy
Modena
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, English is not my native languages and I know that I'm used to make a lot of misspellings and it is not always easy to read/understand my words. But I think is better than writing directly in Italian

Thank you for the comment!

good play
Liga

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.