Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: recommendations [+] [View All]
Tanel Jõeäär
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want people to recommend certain games for me, should I make a new GeekList for others to add games or just post a new thread in the forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Geeklists are better if you have a list of games that you're already thinking about and you want people to pick some out from that list. But if you want people to come up with their own ideas, use a thread instead.

Geeklists make it "more pleasant" to see, but at the same time, it's more time consuming for someone to add an item to a geeklist than it is to add a response to a thread (and therefore you might not receive as many recommendations on a geeklist as you would in a thread).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels B.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep.... WHAT?! WHAT?! What?!
badge
The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also do it in the forum. BGG-Users are very friendly and helpful in that sense. Best to point out where your interests lie, for example with how many people you intend to play, which genre you like, which games you already know and like and which you dislike (maybe the most important). Do you want a fun party game, or a strategic game or a wargame? Does it have to be in English or is German ok (many German or Eurogames have language independent game components, and you can often find translations of rules if you check the game entry here on BGG)?
Think about it, post it and then see what recommendations you get. Oh, and start saving money, I bet you'll get a lot of tips how to spend it in the near future...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.