GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,405 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

RAF: The Battle of Britain 1940» Forums » Rules

Subject: RAF Eagle: 5.4 Luftflotte Assignments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stolypin 1911
msg tools
Luftflotte Assignments, Section 5.4 of the Eagle rules states:

"A bomber may only be assigned to a target card in the area of operations of the bomber's Luftflotte (LF2 or LF3, as noted on the card)."

So does this mean that fighters may be assigned to either area, regardless of the Luftflotte? If so, why do the counters (and map) draw a distinction between LF2 and LF3 for fighters? Is it only applicable if fighters were to be assigned to strafe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Switalski
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good question. I've played 4-5 scenarios as the RAF (won two) and been wanting to switch sides and give it a go from the Luftwaffe's point of view. Section 5.4 of the Eagle rules is a bit confusing and perhaps contradicts the Lion rulebook and more specifically Section 8.2 (Selecting Gruppen) as it states that if no Gruppen of similar type are available do not select any of that type (which implies that Gruppen are depleted and do not select similar types from other LF). I would imagine this would also apply to the Eagle rulebook as well. Also, since each raid is card driven and the card specifically states which LF is being used I've never used fighters from LF2 for raids originating in LF3 and vice versa.

Also, fighters (Me109) have a limited range, thus if used from other LF that range (in my opinion) would be much shortened, thus, not really applicable and useful at all.

My two cents....I hope this helps. Other thoughts on this are welcome and if anything you can always use you own "house rules".

Cheers and tally ho!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stolypin 1911
msg tools
hubo72 wrote:
That is a good question. I've played 4-5 scenarios as the RAF (won two) and been wanting to switch sides and give it a go from the Luftwaffe's point of view. Section 5.4 of the Eagle rules is a bit confusing and perhaps contradicts the Lion rulebook and more specifically Section 8.2 (Selecting Gruppen) as it states that if no Gruppen of similar type are available do not select any of that type (which implies that Gruppen are depleted and do not select similar types from other LF). I would imagine this would also apply to the Eagle rulebook as well. Also, since each raid is card driven and the card specifically states which LF is being used I've never used fighters from LF2 for raids originating in LF3 and vice versa.

Also, fighters (Me109) have a limited range, thus if used from other LF that range (in my opinion) would be much shortened, thus, not really applicable and useful at all.

My two cents....I hope this helps. Other thoughts on this are welcome and if anything you can always use you own "house rules".

Cheers and tally ho!

Thanks for the response. I wish I could get a definitive answer to this. I want to start an Eagle campaign but obviously it makes a huge difference whether I can assign fighters from one LF to support raids of bombers from another LF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Only Gruppen in the Luftflotte listed on the Target Card may be assigned to a raid against that target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stolypin 1911
msg tools
JohnButterfield wrote:
Only Gruppen in the Luftflotte listed on the Target Card may be assigned to a raid against that target.

Thanks for the response (though the Reichsmarschall will not be pleased with this interpretation).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.