GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Onitama» Forums » General

Subject: How does this compare to Rosenkönig? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
... Leave early.
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the rule differences, but the movement constraints look very similar. If I like Rosenkönig, will I also enjoy this one? Anyone happen to have played both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Rosenkonig is available
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances McGregor
Canada
The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played and own both, and to me they feel different. In Rosenkönig I find there's an ebb and flow to the game: draw until your hand is full, then use your cards, then draw more. I find it a bit overwhelming to look at my opponent's hand all the time in Rosenkönig. In Onitama, the game is a lot smaller so it's easier to figure out what your opponent can and can't do.
In Rosenkönig you're there for the long haul. Maybe your big group got separated, but you might be able to join it back later. Onitama is quicker and more cutthroat. You have to setup your pawns so you'll be able to take advantage of the moves you get later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.