GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » General

Subject: Best gameplay video? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scot Schafer
United States
Stoughton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I'm looking for a really good gameplay video that I can share with my group that best explains how to play this game.. I attempted to play it once with pre-teens and we didn't finish. I'm not really sure how to get it going, the rulebook isn't great.. any help would be appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Evans
United States
Stanwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you want how to play video or a video of people playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a general video overview and "how to play", I think I would recommend Drakkenstrike's Cosmic Encounter Video Review (in the Video section of the game entry). The first 12 minutes or so are dedicated to an overview and phase-by-phase breakdown of the game.

As for an abbreviated "live play" video, maybe Board Game Replay - Episode 11 (again in the Video section) or Tech Geek Gamers #100 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JpkFSvMQ5E)...but I wouldn't use those "live play" videos as a method for teaching.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Schafer
United States
Stoughton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses.
Yes more of a video that helps teach 'how' to play..
Drakkenstrikes stuff is great, but they're more component breakdowns, with some gameplay guidelines.. I will check it out again though.
Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShutUpandSitDown.com did a quite good one . . . I think about a month ago. It's just gameplay, video and audio are good, gameplay is good . . I think it's probably just what your looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
Or, you can forward through the Dice Tower live streams of 2013 & 2014 to find two games played there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Frikium
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never really found 1 video that covers all the basics clearly. However I did find that this video familiarized everyone with the components and setup of the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQwHq3v3T4
And this video went over the basics, albeit a bit too quickly for much of it to sink in:
https://youtu.be/Aq_Qqtv6HNQ?t=82
Qbela wrote:
Hi all, I'm looking for a really good gameplay video that I can share with my group that best explains how to play this game.. I attempted to play it once with pre-teens and we didn't finish. I'm not really sure how to get it going, the rulebook isn't great.. any help would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wassabi wrote:
And this video went over the basics, albeit a bit too quickly for much of it to sink in:
https://youtu.be/Aq_Qqtv6HNQ?t=82

Yes, my main hesitation about the Starlit Citadel review (which is otherwise rather good) is that the on-screen action often doesn't match the current narration at all and I think this might confuse newcomers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Hedberg
Canada
Terrace
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MStone wrote:
ShutUpandSitDown.com did a quite good one . . . I think about a month ago. It's just gameplay, video and audio are good, gameplay is good . . I think it's probably just what your looking for.

I would avoid the Shut Up and Sit Down video for pre-teens, as the language can sometimes get a bit on the inappropriate side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.