Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: Mixology Card Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Indraneel Dutt
msg tools
So this is my first attempt at game design and I’ve been bouncing around an idea for a game. The concept is based on mixology, or the skills of making drinks. I thought with the rise of drinking podcasts as the Drunken Mooglie and Secret of the Booze, players may have fun playing a mixology card game and learn how to make drinks at the same time.

The game is able to host 4-6 players an can take up to an hour to play.

The game consists of the following:

Bar deck consisting of:
- Spirits
- Water
- Flavored Liqueur
- Simple Sugar Syrup
- Garnish
- Mixers
- Juice

Order Deck consisting of drink orders. Each drink order card has the following information:
- Drink name
- Glass type
- Cost
- Ingredient List
- Directions

Game Play
Each player draws 3 order cards and 5 draw cards to start. On the player’s turn, they can do one of the following:
1. Draw from the Bar
2. Draw from another player’s hand at random (never seen a bartender say ‘please pass’ in my life)
3. Restock the bar (shuffle the discarded bar cards back into the bar deck.

And if the player can complete a drink card, play the ingredient cards from their bar hand to complete the order. The used bar cards go into the bar discard pile while the drink card goes into the player’s till. The game play continues until the final order card is drawn, at which ‘Last Call’ is declared.

During ‘Last Call’, the players can no longer draw from the bar deck and must try to complete their remaining drink orders from their hand or drawing cards from other player’s hands. At the end of the night, each player counts their till and the player with the largest till wins.

I have been thinking about future expansions for the game, which include adding new recipes to the order deck and introducing client and bar event cards to the deck to further affect the orders a player will be expected to complete and the cash value of the orders completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Proper-Lee
United States
Levittown
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds a bit like the older game Bartender but with some additional rules and restrictions in gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.