Hide
5 Posts

Ignis» Forums » General

Subject: order of action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillermo Alanis
msg tools
I have encounter a position such as ...EEW and right under it is FFE, where E is earth and W is water and F is fire.
If I play an Earth tile to push the water off the board, will the game resolve as a draw after taking all the edges with the same elements? or or will fire win because the last water was pushed off without implying the edge rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, all pieces come off the board and whoever caused it loses the game... Have to double check though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimogitaa wrote:
I have encounter a position such as ...EEW and right under it is FFE, where E is earth and W is water and F is fire.
If I play an Earth tile to push the water off the board, will the game resolve as a draw after taking all the edges with the same elements? or or will fire win because the last water was pushed off without implying the edge rule?

The rules give an example that ends with the last Fire tiles being removed due to being in Fire-only columns, and it is said Water wins.

In this example, the last configuration has the last Water tile in a Water-only row.

Thus, your example, should not lead to a draw. Instead, you go to EEE about FFE and the game ends because the last Water is gone. Fire wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillermo Alanis
msg tools
gillum wrote:
jimogitaa wrote:

The rules give an example that ends with the last Fire tiles being removed due to being in Fire-only columns, and it is said Water wins.

In this example, the last configuration has the last Water tile in a Water-only row.

Thus, your example, should not lead to a draw. Instead, you go to EEE about FFE and the game ends because the last Water is gone. Fire wins.

so if I was water and I destroy my own water tile in such way the game would end automatically leaving fire victorious correct? and thank you very much for clarifying this question I had bugging me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zeblate zeblate
msg tools
mb
Hello,

In the rule booklet it is said : "If the final move results in both player colors being pushed off the board, the game ends in a draw."

If you don't like a draw game, you can use the rule I've gat in my original prototype. The active player decide the order of the multi-collapsing. At any moment, if there is only one player color on the board, this player wins. In this case you will have no more egality.

ZeBlate
Dominique Breton
Auteur de jeux de société
www.zeblate.fr
Jeu édité :
ARKEON
http://www.arkeon-jeu.fr/
IGNIS
http://www.hutter-trade.com/en/games/ignis
Les Souris Gourmandes
http://www.if-association.com/projets/les-souris-gourmandes-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.