Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: worth learning 2.0 rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Carter
Ireland
flag msg tools
mb

i've got a pretty good grasp of the original rules... sure, they're fuzzy at times. but this has never been a deal breaker for me and I genuinely love the game, flaws and all...

so... am I missing out by not wrestling with the new rules... For me the game isn't 'broken' out of the box (admittedly i have all the KS add-ons)... and the idea of having to get my head around a whole new rules set fills me with dread...

i realise i'm sort of answering the question for myself here. but what i'm wondering is am i missing out by persisting with the clunky, dysfunctional but fun-if-you-rub-along-with-it original rules set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are pretty much the same. It's just the rulebook that has been reorganised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is some important changes, there is a thread here on BGG with a list of all of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the original game, after some inital corrections were made to the rules, and had a great time with it. I recently re-read the version 2.0 rules and quite honestly if you had asked me what had changed I could not have told you. They are more in the way of tweaks and restructuring than a major revision.

They are available to read and download on the Megacon site, so take a look.

My purchased Captain's Pledge arrives today and I am really lookig forward to getting back into Myth, and trying out the new heroes. The Skald seems really cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple notes.

They are changing up who story missions and free form adventuring work in terms of them being seperate.

ALL the quests, hero, and enemy cards are being redone.
Being made much clearer.

Traps are now going to be a card deck, vs a fate roll and chart system.
With the traps being not only clearer, but designed to be used on any sized tile.

You are now able to 'find' (read hunt down) boss characters during free form adventure more.

Its easier to 'level;.
Instead of just getting titles/card swaps from completing an Act, you can now purchase one with 6 serendipity.

Those are the few bigger changes I can think of off the top of my head.

Id say its worth reading over the 2.0 rules to see what you think.
They are available on their website.

And if you like them, id suggest getting in on the new KS, for the updated materials if nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
There is some important changes, there is a thread here on BGG with a list of all of them.

Here is that thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1336948/myth-10-vs-20-actual...

If I am missing anything, please comment there and I'll add it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
A couple notes.

They are changing up who story missions and free form adventuring work in terms of them being seperate.

ALL the quests, hero, and enemy cards are being redone.
Being made much clearer.

Traps are now going to be a card deck, vs a fate roll and chart system.
With the traps being not only clearer, but designed to be used on any sized tile.

You are now able to 'find' (read hunt down) boss characters during free form adventure more.

This is just info provided in from the new Kickstarter right. There isn't anything specifically mentioned in the 2.0 rules (other than it does reference Trap cards)? I ask because I'm trying to keep that 2.0 thread updated.

ropya wrote:
Its easier to 'level;.
Instead of just getting titles/card swaps from completing an Act, you can now purchase one with 6 serendipity.

Where did you hear this from? I didn't see that in the 2.0 rules, and I hadn't read it in the Kickstarter. Just curious because that would be a big change...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
ropya wrote:
Its easier to 'level;.

Where did you hear this from? I didn't see that in the 2.0 rules, and I hadn't read it in the Kickstarter. Just curious because that would be a big change...

I agree. Where is this info from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Randomfleming wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
ropya wrote:
Its easier to 'level;.

I was in the KS comments.

Also, the traps/adventure/module changes don't mean anything until we get the trap cards and updated quests available. Until then, the 1.0 rules make more sense I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
VoicelessFaces wrote:
Randomfleming wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
ropya wrote:
Its easier to 'level;.

I was in the KS comments.

FWIW, I just searched the entire list of McG comments for this KS and didn't see it. Are you sure this was a KS comment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bonano
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember reading this too, although it would take a lot of digging to find it. MERCS mentioned that 6 serendipity would allow one hero, not the whole party, to do a deck manipulation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ellis
Australia
flag msg tools
That's what I remember, also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richardson
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a small bit of info from a few days ago in the KS comments. It's not part of the 2.0 rules but will be in the JM rules.

Thrawn007 wrote:
Is Serendipity for cards confirmed? That doesn't seem to match the 2.0 rulebook which lists card manipulation as a story reward.

Mercs wrote:
Serendipity rewards will be updated in the JM rulebook.

And early on in the campaign:

Manolis Kountourakis wrote:
The 6 serendipity deck modification is purchased per hero or per group?

Mercs wrote:
It is fairly easy to get 6 serendipity. It is per hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
BRich83 wrote:
Here's a small bit of info from a few days ago in the KS comments. It's not part of the 2.0 rules but will be in the JM rules.

Thrawn007 wrote:
Is Serendipity for cards confirmed? That doesn't seem to match the 2.0 rulebook which lists card manipulation as a story reward.

Mercs wrote:

Mercs wrote:

Thanks Brad.

I believe this is all in reference to the "upgrade" from Novice to Journeyman "level". Takes 6 Serendipity and you have to have some minimum number of Green Novice cards in your hand (I think it was 3).

I've not seen anything regarding the ability to pay 6 Serendipity and get a title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
BRich83 wrote:

Thrawn007 wrote:

Mercs wrote:

Mercs wrote:

Thanks Brad.

I believe this is all in reference to the "upgrade" from Novice to Journeyman "level". Takes 6 Serendipity and you have to have some minimum number of Green Novice cards in your hand (I think it was 3).

I've not seen anything regarding the ability to pay 6 Serendipity and get a title.

I also appreciate the quotes.

Would have taken me forever to find it.

It was three greens and two titles to start using JM cards.
A few people have talked about a possible house rules being a combo of five period, of card swaps/titles.

As for the 6 serendipity buying titles.

I may have just inferred that.
My apologies of I was incorrect on that.

I'm not sure that was said directly now that I think back on it.

But I want to say that I read you wouldn't need to do a module to get a title, that there would be ways of doing it while adventuring.
I think perhaps I melded the two together to get you can buy one with 6 serendipity.

I suppose that actually wouldn't make sense as most titles do, and should, have a story behind them.

So until clarification official please disregard my comment above about titles/card swaps.
It's likely just card swaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.