Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: New version of Tumblin' Dice on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for those of us who have played it, and enjoyed it, this is excellent news. This game has been hard to get and also extremely pricey (Ferti edition from Cool Stuff Inc is $210AUD and the current edition from Eagle-Gryphon Games webstore is $240AUD).

Anyhoo, Eagle-Grypon Games (EGG) now have a new version of Tumblin-Dice on Kickstarter (KS link is on game page). The cost per game, including shipping is $84USD, which is about $110 of ours. The good thing for us is that they are shipping to The Games Capital (TGC), who are then distributing/posting to Australian backers.

I have checked with EGG and they said that they will check with TGC, but it should be no problem to collect from them. I don't think us picking up from TGC will result in a lower shipping cost or a refund, just more convenient and no issues with postage. They say on the KS page "This is a big box (with packaging it will be 18" by 16" by 6") and it requires protection as well. It will weigh about 8 lbs. (6.6 KG).".

They also say for International backers to get in touch with them if they want to get multiple copies. I have sent another message asking if there will be any savings for multiple copies (assuming there is interest) and what the maximum one could order in a pledge.

So, is there anyone out there that is interested in this or who has already backed this and is interested in seeing if we can get any savings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a potential, I'd be interested to see what a multibuy price looks like before committing for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, Dave. As soon as I have a reply, I'll post here.

Also, just noticed that they obviously got the weight calculation wrong - I'm assuming it is 8lbs, which would make it about 3.6kg. If it really was 6.6kg then the shipping would be a whole lot more.

BTW, I've backed it for now as they have a cheaper pledge for the first 72 hours (it will increase by $5 at that point).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent game! My only concerns with this version are with the dice. They look smaller than the originals AND appear to have semi-rounded corners. Both of which are undesirable for this game.

Edit: Maybe it's just the video, but the levels also look to be thinner than the original. Hmmmmm....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I have answers from Rick Soued at EGG: the board is the same width and the levels are the same thickness, but the board is 1" shorter.

The dice are the same size as previous (16mm), but according to Rick "They will have slightly rounded corners which we believe are more conducive to rolling and tumbling better."

As to pricing, as I mentioned in my post the cost of the game won't be coming down as the MSRP for it is $79.99 and I pledged at the $55 level, so any additional games will be at that price. Rick also messaged me that he would offer 10% discount on the other titles that they have as add-ons (see the KS page for details).

Rick said in a message to me that they can likely save some good money on shipping, but the size of the order will dictate that. He said that they will provide a shipping quote once they get a complete order.

So, if you are at least interested, then let me know and we can see what the quote will be and then you can decide if you want to go ahead with it. At the moment, the pledge is only for a copy for me, so no harm in expressing interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...They have Floating Market as an add-on. It was supposed to be $50 after the Kickstarter campaign but it's on for $39. Odd.

Shipping of $18 to Continental USA. I wonder what it would be for Canada? I shudder to think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thormodr wrote:
Hmmm...They have Floating Market as an add-on. It was supposed to be $50 after the Kickstarter campaign but it's on for $39. Odd.

Shipping of $18 to Continental USA. I wonder what it would be for Canada? I shudder to think.

It's $25, Arthur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:

So, if you are at least interested, then let me know and we can see what the quote will be and then you can decide if you want to go ahead with it. At the moment, the pledge is only for a copy for me, so no harm in expressing interest.

I am VERY interested.

There, I said it. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Thormodr wrote:

It's $25, Arthur.

Thanks for the answer.

Only $7 more, eh?

That is quite reasonable compared to most EGG kickstarters where Canadian Shipping is $10-$12 more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thormodr wrote:
batcut wrote:
Thormodr wrote:

It's $25, Arthur.

Thanks for the answer.

Only $7 more, eh?

That is quite reasonable compared to most EGG kickstarters where Canadian Shipping is $10-$12 more.

And for Canadian backers the games will ship from Toronto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lokides wrote:
batcut wrote:

I am VERY interested.

There, I said it. ninja

In case you're being serious, Stew, then you would need to be able to get it from Canberra to you in Tassie, for less than the difference in shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
lokides wrote:
batcut wrote:

I am VERY interested.

There, I said it. ninja

In case you're being serious, Stew, then you would need to be able to get it from Canberra to you in Tassie, for less than the difference in shipping.

Sorry if I appeared flippant. I am serious so very interested in the quote when it comes through.

I understand the rest of the shipping would be mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lokides wrote:
batcut wrote:
lokides wrote:
batcut wrote:

I am VERY interested.

There, I said it. ninja

Sorry if I appeared flippant. I am serious so very interested in the quote when it comes through.

I understand the rest of the shipping would be mine.

No problem. I wasn't sure given some of the characters in the Oz BGG scene.

At the moment I have 3, counting yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting to waver Paul, but I'll hear what the quote is. I'm starting to wonder why I'd buy a wooden ramp to roll dice down when I could make it myself with all those tools in my shed, and bits of wood I have all over the place!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Paul!!

I already has Tumblin Dice.. and we know it's great game!! I am interested in the extra set of dice that they have.. if you don't mind putting it extra for me as well.

Please let me know if this is possible.. perhaps too late already?

Thanks
Shingo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shingoi wrote:
Hi Paul!!

I already has Tumblin Dice.. and we know it's great game!! I am interested in the extra set of dice that they have.. if you don't mind putting it extra for me as well.

Please let me know if this is possible.. perhaps too late already?

Thanks
Shingo

Not too late, Shingo. Just let me know how many sets of 4 dice, you want to add and which of the 6 colours you choose, although you don't have to decide that now, but I will need to now around Easter as the KS project ends on Easter Saturday, 4th April. I've already added to my pledge for an extra set, to give me 6 sets - 6 players is probably enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Shingo's post raises some points to highlight.

There are other dice games that EGG are offering at reduced prices, if anyone is interested in getting instead or as well as: Can't Stop, Krakatoa, Worm Up, their latest game Floating Market (KS just finished) amongst others.

The first strech goal has been passed, so each game will come with 5 sets of 4 dice: the base game comes with red, yellow, blue and green and we get to choose from baby blue, purple, lime green, orange, hot pink and bronze for the bonus set of dice. They are hoping to have samples within the next week or so, to post pictures of the actual colours.

And as mentioned in my previous post, you can add extra sets of 4 dice for $3 each set.

At the moment, I have the following interested in the game:
1. Paul (plus 1 set of dice)
2. Stew

Also, for add-ons:
1. Shingo - x dice sets.
2. Rene - Can't Stop.

I'll wait until later in the week before inquiring about shipping, as I don't want to go back and forth with different numbers. But if anyone is dying to know what the shipping will be, let me know.

Cheerz,
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, sorry for the mess around, but I think I am going to skip this one.

I want to save my pennies and buy giant bandsaw bigger than I really need. That and at 450 odd games , space is starting to become an issue, so I think it's time I became a fraction more picky. I might be forced to...gasp...play a game twice! Oh the humanity...

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebut wrote:
Paul, sorry for the mess around, but I think I am going to skip this one.

I want to save my pennies and buy giant bandsaw bigger than I really need. That and at 450 odd games , space is starting to become an issue, so I think it's time I became a fraction more picky. I might be forced to...gasp...play a game twice! Oh the humanity...

Dave

No worries, Dave. Well pencil me in for another game of Lewis and Clark, as well as Xia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pic of the extra dice sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds good! I'll bring XIA and L&C to next GLOG (assuming I get a day pass). I'd like to play a longer game of XIA to tease out some of the longer strategies, see some ships upgraded and so forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.