Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At Minature market game and monster both for $70 total!

Screwed us kickstarters, we pay more, and we get our stuff after everyone else does.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
Screwed us kickstarters, we pay more, and we get our stuff after everyone else does.....
That seems to be common. At least we get our names in the rules (or online somewhere) and get to live smugly with the knowledge that without us there would be no game. So bow down to our better economic judgement!

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:

Holy Crap, $30 more and you get Free shipping to boot! That's just wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:

I don't get it, was the Mega box version part of the kickstarter? I don't see it on the Kickstarter page!!

What did you end up paying for this through kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already gotten used to this. It seems that right now every Kickstarter first lands in retail, then a month later US backers gets their shipments and finally two or three months after that stuff starts arriving to European backers.

What bothers me is the lack of any news on the KS page for the last month or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingspud wrote:
Curfew wrote:

I don't get it, was the Mega box version part of the kickstarter? I don't see it on the Kickstarter page!!

it was called the Mega Box later one - we payed $100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sanders wrote:
kingspud wrote:
Curfew wrote:

it was called the Mega Box later one - we payed $100

This is without a doubt the worst way to treat your backers! To have the game show up at retail for way less than what backers paid is a pure slap in the face and I will never support a company that does that to the people who actually made the Game possible! Just plain criminal!

I was truly thinking about buying the two boxes but the hell with that and this company!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Minnen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the latest update on the kickstarter page. It get's worse for backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm peeved, but... shit happens.

KS is a form of investment, albeit a small one, and every investment entails an element of risk.

I think Phil offered tried to do way too much with SMR and included more stuff than he was capable of delievring, causing massive cost overruns and delays.

No doubts the KS haters will crawl out of the woodwork with their "I told you so" comments generate loads of pointless discussion that won't affect the vast numbers of people willing to take the risk of backing projects.

I know we're all annoyed at not getting what we paid for, but in the grand scmeme of things, it a game - you're not losing your house or your business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:

KS is a form of investment, albeit a small one, and every investment entails an element of risk.

I think Phil offered tried to do way too much with SMR and included more stuff than he was capable of delievring, causing massive cost overruns and delays.

No doubts the KS haters will crawl out of the woodwork with their "I told you so" comments generate loads of pointless discussion that won't affect the vast numbers of people willing to take the risk of backing projects.

I know we're all annoyed at not getting what we paid for, but in the grand scmeme of things, it a game - you're not losing your house or your business.

Yeah, good point, I've backed near 100 KS projects and only a couple didn't deliver eventually. And sounds like we'll get our game (with extra for shipping). If you can't afford to lose it then KS shouldn't be your thing.

If I was in the same boat, I'd do the same thing. I wouldn't lose my house to appease a few angry fans. We got the best we're probably going to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:

So, Craig, end me $100 cash..... It's only $100 you obviously have plenty more and will get more on your next check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

Yeah, good point, I've backed near 100 KS projects and only a couple didn't deliver eventually. And sounds like we'll get our game (with extra for shipping). If you can't afford to lose it then KS shouldn't be your thing.

If I was in the same boat, I'd do the same thing. I wouldn't lose my house to appease a few angry fans. We got the best we're probably going to get.

I concur. While it is disappointing to not get what you paid for, lots of people here do have a tendency toward hyperbole.

Those of us who backed and followed the game through the project would have noticed how much effort was being put into the additional characters, standies, artwork and rules - which then feeds into additional printing, production and shipping costs.

I for one found myself wondering, on more than one occasion, how Phil was managing to add so much additional stuff within the budget he'd allocated. Clearly he had severely overreached and that budget was not nowhere near sufficient.

As much as I want the game, in all conscience, there is no way on earth I would want to see the man lose his business, his house or his sanity trying to achieve it.

All I know is that this must have been a harrowing decision to make. Having seen his commitment through this project and the other ones he ran, it was obvious he wasn't in the business to intentionally rip people off. Like a lot of small business people, he simply tried to deliver more than he was capable and paid a hefty price for it. I am sure it is weight on his conscience to have left everyone in the lurch like this.

If the latest update is correct, you should still be able to get the game by paying additonal shipping costs. Some will be happy to do that, others won't. That's your choice.

But publicly calling the man a rip-off merchant isn't fair in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Hurricane
Utah
flag msg tools
In Phil's behalf:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171397/item/3142059#i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if the $100 backers will still get the Survivor Deck, Etched Dice, and extra board? I see that the extra units and weapon add-ins have been rolled into the expansion. If the Game Salute shipments include those other extras, it would at least take some of the sting out of paying $30 more plus shipping.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looking closer at the description of the expansion on Miniature Market and here on BGG, it looks like the boards and dice might have been thrown into the retail version as well. Aaargh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
ScottE wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

I concur. While it is disappointing to not get what you paid for, lots of people here do have a tendency toward hyperbole.

Those of us who backed and followed the game through the project would have noticed how much effort was being put into the additional characters, standies, artwork and rules - which then feeds into additional printing, production and shipping costs.

I for one found myself wondering, on more than one occasion, how Phil was managing to add so much additional stuff within the budget he'd allocated. Clearly he had severely overreached and that budget was not nowhere near sufficient.

As much as I want the game, in all conscience, there is no way on earth I would want to see the man lose his business, his house or his sanity trying to achieve it.

All I know is that this must have been a harrowing decision to make. Having seen his commitment through this project and the other ones he ran, it was obvious he wasn't in the business to intentionally rip people off. Like a lot of small business people, he simply tried to deliver more than he was capable and paid a hefty price for it. I am sure it is weight on his conscience to have left everyone in the lurch like this.

If the latest update is correct, you should still be able to get the game by paying additonal shipping costs. Some will be happy to do that, others won't. That's your choice.

But publicly calling the man a rip-off merchant isn't fair in my opinion.

I have to agree totally because if all I had to do was pay a little extra shipping to get UP FRONT instead of getting nothing for $125, I would do it in a heart beat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

So, Craig, end me $100 cash..... It's only $100 you obviously have plenty more and will get more on your next check.

Thanks Anthony, but I'm not sure the facetiousness was necessary, nor the need to take your frustrations out on me.

Like everyone, I too have worked long and hard to build a career and earn my money, and I don't like to splash it around or spend it unwisely. But every transaction generally entails some form of risk. Tell me you've never purchased an item to find it was a dud?

Yes, we are all, to varying degrees, annoyed, disappointed or downright angry at not getting what we were promised, having made the commitment and paid our money. I fully comprehend that $100 is alot of money for you and I'm not trying to downplay the emotions you are feeling.

In context, it is still just a game - not life and death. Vent your frustrations, by all means, but there's little any of us can do to rectify the situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Craig, you must want to troll as in my statement there was no frustration. If here was I would of started this thread saying so.... Scroll up, I did not... I was just stating facts not my emotions, nor opinions.

I can go on and on about the use of profanity in a family environment and how your comments are worse than what you think I said... But I don't do this whole troll thing and personal attacks.

Have a nice day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it looks as if MM and CSI are out of stock on both games! Boy that was fast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.