Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you have a great time with it
Sorry about the rocky start and thanks for posting this here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in backing this but I have been burned too many times by games that are available sooner and cheaper to people who didn't back the game.

Is there any KS-exclusive content besides the Smiley character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kirk,

Smiley is the only KS exclusive, I didn't want a person who came along later to miss out significantly.

Presently we're not planning on handling Wizard's Academy any differently to 404: Law Not Found. If you have a look for that product you'll see that it was £28 to back during the KS and currently isn't cheaper than £45 anywhere at this moment (Though we expect to bring the price down once we know where the extra copies are and can stop charging a big flat shipping fee to everyone) Some of our backers have their copies, none of the people who came along later did.

We are combining shipping to backers and people who joined the project post-KS so it's possible that some post-KS supporters may see copies before some backers, but the post-KS people paid extra to join at that time and aren't getting it any faster on average (It's just that some of them live in places that are easier to ship to)

Basically we respect that people who join during a KS are adopting a bigger risk than people who join at a later stage and so offer them a better discount to compensate. What a backer does with their copy is up to them, so I can't guarantee that a backer will never sell their copy on unopened more cheaply, but we aren't selling for less than the KS price (at least before the game's been out for a while).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it's pretty evident that this is a case where the Kickstarter is necessary to launch the project--if we don't fund it, it probably won't happen.

I can understand being annoyed when, say, a CoolMiniOrNot game is cheaper at retail than it was to backers. That's why they have to shovel exclusives at you. But for a game like this, I back it because I want the game to be made, and it may not happen if I'm not willing to take a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.