Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18678087#18678087

http://spartacusboardgame.com/home.aspx

Above is a link to the post in the Shadow of Death expansion forums, cause it's a question for that... but i don't know what the traffic there will be like... so i figured i'd post it here for people to postulate over.

Also included a link to the preview for those who haven't seen it yet...

Kantas wrote:
So... expansion isn't out... and i've already got a bit of a rules question.

The festival of jupiter card, as shown on the preview page, states "Once during a primus, instead of attacking, each dominus may switch their combatant for another of their ready slaves or gladiators."

and Theokolese's new ability states
"SHADOW OF DEATH: No Teammate in Primus
"SHALL I BEGIN?: Once during a primus Theokolese may fully heal instead of attacking"

Also, with Oenomaus' doctore ability, that would make Theokolese able to have a teammate until Oenomaus's demise. in which case he wouldn't be able to have a teammate again...

so how does Theokolese's new abilities play with these other abilities that work against it?

Also after showing the festival of Jupiter to my wife the first thing she said...

Adria wrote:
Festival of Jupiter could be fun. Start with Ashur. Switch teams. Trade Ashur out for Spartacus/Gannicus"

That's just cruel...

Also, i hate how they blocked off Theokolese's attack attribute... they boosted his speed... so is he 4 5 3? to keep with everyone else, or is he 5 5 3 with no special ability...

I want this so bad..... someone please invent a time machine, come get me, then take me to the release date so i can buy it... then bring me back here so i can have it first!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Bridge
msg tools
Shame they lowered his attack stat.

But the idea that you can have a 2vs1 fight is good I only hope there's away it can be applied to other gladiators via a scheme card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomhunk wrote:

But the idea that you can have a 2vs1 fight is good I only hope there's away it can be applied to other gladiators via a scheme card.

did they lower it? or did they give him 5 5 3?

they have conveniently covered his attack stat so that we can't see it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kantas wrote:

Also, i hate how they blocked off Theokolese's attack attribute... they boosted his speed... so is he 4 5 3? to keep with everyone else, or is he 5 5 3 with no special ability...

he has two rules on the card

No one can fight alongside him in a primus.

Once a battle, instead of attacking he can RESET ALL HIS DICE TO FULL whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therealtheshader wrote:
Kantas wrote:

he has two rules on the card

No one can fight alongside him in a primus.

Once a battle, instead of attacking he can RESET ALL HIS DICE TO FULL whistle

Important distinction... Once a PRIMUS, not once a Battle.

Also i meant no special ability outside of a primus... i should have clarified...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Kantas wrote:
Doomhunk wrote:

The Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery Facebook page teases the top half of Theokoles card. If that image is correct: he still has an attack of 5.

https://www.facebook.com/spartacusboardgame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drewcula wrote:
Kantas wrote:
Doomhunk wrote:

The Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery Facebook page teases the top half of Theokoles card. If that image is correct: he still has an attack of 5.

https://www.facebook.com/spartacusboardgame

You're right... it looks like he's 5 5 3...

well that definitely helps make him scary again... the 2 speed was a HUGE detriment... now he's average speed, and just flat out disgusting in the other two stats...

lives up to the hype he was supposed to have in the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there will be any new market cards? (Other than the upgraded Theo, Sparts and Crixus). It's confirmed that there will be some extra starting slaves and gladiators to provide for a 7 player match. But will there be any more? Mid tier fighters, equipment etc ....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
Boasting seems like an interesting concept. Definitely powers up Batiatus a bit, which was probably needed.

A lot of games I've coasted through with just 1 or 2 gladiators, when playing with a different house to Batiatus, I can see how that would now be a disadvantage.

Theokoles abilities seem pretty interesting. He gets the step up in speed, which was needed, and the chance to take on a two on one primus. OK he gets to heal, but that's a turn soaked up and he only gets 1 set of equipment.

I can see some sneaky tactics playing off his solo primus rule though. Have the other 3 fighters picked, then invite Theokoles. His dominus can't choose him, so has to go with an alternative gladiator, a slave or lose influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.