Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to BGG.Con over the next weekend, but I'll also be stopping be Seattle for a number of days to visit a friend.

I would like to know if there are any good game stores for me to visit during my time in Seattle. He lives pretty close to the city, so I'm probably looking for something around that area, and also anywhere that's easily accessible by public transport.

Please help! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one's that best fir your description are:

Gary's Games - 85th and Greenwood
Berserk Games - 72nd? and Phinney

Gary's has a wider selection, lots more wargames, but has higher prices. Berserk is a storefront that also has an online store, so their prices are lower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Stainbrook
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another game store on Greenwood a few blocks south of Gary's next to the "Couth Buzzard" bookstore. Only sells Euros, can't remember the name...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
kracken wrote:
I would like to know if there are any good game stores for me to visit during my time in Seattle. He lives pretty close to the city, so I'm probably looking for something around that area, and also anywhere that's easily accessible by public transport.

I'd second Gary's Games in the Greenwood area, but if you want a large selection of wargames (but still with a reasonable smattering of Euro's), check out American Eagle Hobbies in Lake City.
It's on the west side of Lake City Way just north of 125th, easily reachable by Metro's #75 bus (which also goes through the University district, Northgate, etc), amongst others.

Have fun, both here and at the Con!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Feldman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beserk Games is at 72nd and Greenwood, next to the Couth Buzzard Bookstore. Lots of Euros and CCGs.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
them wrote:
I'd second Gary's Games in the Greenwood area, but if you want a large selection of wargames (but still with a reasonable smattering of Euro's), check out American Eagle Hobbies in Lake City.

If you're relying on public transportation, American Eagle Hobbies may not be worth the trip. True, they do have a large selection of wargames, but it's a lot of older stuff (titles escape me). The one example I do remember is that until maybe a month or two ago, they still had copies of the West End Games Star Wars line such as Assault on Hoth and Battle for Endor. If that's up your alley, then it might be worth checking out if you're up for the bus ride, but if finding new copies of Stocks & Bonds for full retail isn't really your thing, then you might want to take a pass. I third the Gary's Games / Beserk Games... they're right down the street from one another.

...of course if you're going to be kept up at night with the 'could have beens' of the potential selection of American Eagle Hobbies, then go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kracken wrote:
...and also anywhere that's easily accessible by public transport.

The #5 bus goes up Greenwood and passes both Gary's Games and Beserk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Eryops wrote:
if finding new copies of Stocks & Bonds for full retail isn't really your thing, then you might want to take a pass.

Young whippersnapper - why, back in my day if we found a copy of Facts in Five for only half again more than retail, we took our dentures out and scared the young ladies half to death in exuberance. Before trudging uphill in the snow, both ways of course!

Actually, American Eagles has updated their stock a bit this year - but yeah, it's more old-school than Garys (especially if you need historical references). I've found the occasional deal at both places. I'd give Gary's the nod for sure if you're more into Euro's (and also because it's close to Beserk).

As for public transpo, it all depends where you're coming from. Either area could be easier by bus, depending - and neither are hard or particularly long rides in general. Greenwood probably has a little better "support services" (read places to eat), although Toyoda Sushi, next door to Am Eagles is really top notch. And when nothing else will do but a stiff drink served by a beehived waitress along with your 50's diner meal (or a shockingly strong Bloody Mary with your ham & eggs, for that matter), there's always Connie's Rimrock.. but I digress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.