Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Karmol
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hello everyone! I have seen and read several reviews that noted that cards -- especially some Evolutions -- have felt imbalanced. There haven't been many specifics offered, honestly, so I take imbalanced to mean they impact the game in a way that feels unfair or unfun.

Which cards have felt imbalanced in your experience playing March of the Ants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turcan
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both evolutions.

Tawny Crazy Head - During battle, each ant that you lose is returned to your Larvae Chamber.

Stinging Abdomen - At the start of the Queen Phase, you may destroy one of your ants and discard the top card of the deck. Choose a player to lose ants equal to the (!) of the discarded card.

Yeah. those are a little crazy. Especially compared to the other evolution available. You could argue the cost is high I suppose... (3 ants or larvae.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Lewis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played enough to really know, but one came to mind.

I can't recall the name of the card offhand, but it was a head evolution that says "you don't battle centipedes. Gain 1 vp per centipede in the meadow."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Gabel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only had two games in so far, so probably not enough experience to say for sure, but the Tawny Crazy Head, especially in combination with the Parasitic Thorax, did mean that that player would have a huge surplus of larvae, effectively eliminating the need to harvest larvae instead of food, and almost guaranteeing the biggest brood points at the end of the game.

Like I said, though, that's only happened in one of our two games so far, so it might not be as devastating as it seemed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.