United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Way too often when Gamergate comes up, the anti-Gamergaters go, "But...harassment, doxxing...DEATH THREATS!", as if those are trump cards that discredit GG and the issues they represent. It makes a nice deflection. Or would, if it were one sided...

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2iwf40/compi...

http://tay.kotaku.com/prominent-gamergate-supporter-is-frame...

http://www.reaxxion.com/3720/totalbiscuit-is-sent-death-wish...

Well...so much for that.

People suck. Especially in the anonymity granted in the internet age. So bearing that in mind, lets stay on the issues themselves, k?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are to GamerGate what LightRider is to Bitcoin. You realize that, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, the original issues aren't very compelling for discussion. It was the whole people-sucking after-party that led to good discussions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
To be honest, the original issues aren't very compelling for discussion. It was the whole people-sucking after-party that led to good discussions.

Well, for me personally, the compelling part is just one more example of passive-aggressive leftwing activists going off the deep end and targeting aspects of culture they don't like and attempting to reshape it according to their will.

You see it going on in the GG, Atheism+, comic book industry, explosions like Shirtstorm, etc etc. Create a non-existent crisis, amp up the drama and slander those who may take an opposing view.

In the case of GG, going on about the apparent tactics of those you oppose, try to use said tactics to define the movement as a whole...yet others on your side employing the same tactics. But trying to act like that does not happen.

That irritates me. I was neutral on the issue until I found out about that part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Again? What is this? The 15th thread in RSP to rehash the issues with no one able to see any common ground? We really needed another one? 'K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

I thought that was Gary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
twomillionbucks wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

I thought that was Gary.

You're getting this confused with rape jokes.

Actually most of the time, Gary is just posting about another variation on the same set of arguments. He does a better job of it than Trey. At least he's polite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb

Not even anything new to add?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

I thought that was Gary.

You're getting this confused with rape jokes.

Actually most of the time, Gary is just posting about another variation on the same set of arguments. He does a better job of it than Trey. At least he's polite.

With Gary, at least you know he's had a high school education and is probably wearing shoes. So a certain base level of communication is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the GamerGate thing was dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Well, for me personally, the compelling part is just one more example of passive-aggressive leftwing activists going off the deep end and targeting aspects of culture they don't like and attempting to reshape it according to their will.

You see it going on in the GG, Atheism+, comic book industry, explosions like Shirtstorm, etc etc. Create a non-existent crisis, amp up the drama and slander those who may take an opposing view.

In the case of GG, going on about the apparent tactics of those you oppose, try to use said tactics to define the movement as a whole...yet others on your side employing the same tactics. But trying to act like that does not happen.

That irritates me. I was neutral on the issue until I found out about that part.

I think almost everyone have moved on from this. All of those links you posted are months old. I think you're the one with a non-existent crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that there is still one dude who wants to talk about how awesome FF is and how terrible GG is, but honestly nobody else here gives a fuck about this fucking bullshit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christ almighty, shut up already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Again? What is this? The 15th thread in RSP to rehash the issues with no one able to see any common ground? We really needed another one? 'K.

I'll make sure to run all these by you next time. Since, like, that hardly ever happens around here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
tstone wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

I think almost everyone have moved on from this. All of those links you posted are months old. I think you're the one with a non-existent crisis.

Poop is poop. The advantage of it being a little old is that it is easier to pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Poop is poop. The advantage of it being a little old is that it is easier to pick up.

The downside is that we can smell you from a mile off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
tstone wrote:

Oh, the preschool put-down book. I see you are leveling up. Congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
sbszine wrote:
tstone wrote:

Fuck me, from the man who said Poop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
tstone wrote:
sbszine wrote:
tstone wrote:

Fuck me, from the man who said Poop.

Don't be gross. And I said it in a classy way. All polished and shiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.