Hide
7 Posts

Specter Ops» Forums » General

Subject: Shipping to EU rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
England
flag msg tools
Did anyone here pre-order/order direct from Plaid Hat any other games (e.g. the Dead of Winter pre-order with the shipping deal they had)?

I've got Specter Ops on pre-order - it's a great deal and the shipping is more than reasonable - but I was wondering on the likelihood of being hit with VAT when it arrives in the UK.

Anyone have experience with this? I figure I will be paying VAT and maybe a customs handling fee.

Is there any suggestion of an EU release for the game? Might it be better to just wait for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I order Dead of Winter from Plaid Hat games last year and I paid no VAT or custom charges, i have also preordered Specter Ops as well.
It was dispatched by Spiral Galaxy games, I have knowledge that they a deal/contract with Plaid Hat games to ship and deliver their preorder games in the UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You will also receive an E-mail From Spiral Galaxy Games a week or so before they dispatch it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my impressions that it will ship from uk. Not quite sure though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
flag msg tools
Thanks all. See, I had it in my head that it would ship from within the EU, but couldn't recall/find where (or if) I saw that on Plaid Hat's site.

I'm happy to take a roll of the dice, and if it does ship from within the EU, then bonus! Shouldn't be too much longer until I know for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it does seem like something where it should be possible to find out if it is the case or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry if i didn't make myself clear but Spiral galaxy games is based in the uk, the north of England. So they will be receiving the boat load for games (specter ops) from china and they sort out all the custom's business and then they send them out to every preorder customer ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.