Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the title says. Also, are there any good fan made scenarios that only use the Master set and the castle?
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played scenarios from the master set even though I own a bunch of expansions. Normally I'll add a few trees from the Forgotten Forest expansion simply because they look nice and add a bit to the strategy. I've had fun with all those I've played so far.

Hasbro has a few extra scenarios you can download on their website.

While I can't remember the exact scenarios, you can get new ones from:

http://www.hscodex.com
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy Siege of Babican. I haven't played the other one yet though.

I haven't played too many fan ones myself. I usually play deathmatch style games, or I make up some scenario myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played scenarios in over a year. We just put together a good-looking map, and go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... and I believe there's only one scenario included in this expansion, but I may be wrong, since I ignore them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there are two. Like I said above, I enjoy the one, but haven't played the other yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the four person game yesterday. I was on the team that controlled the castle and had to get members of the other team into it to win. It was a lot of fun. Saylind was the hero, flying to the top of the tower to summon Brunak after having previously teleported Krug within striking distance of the front door (he eventually made it in as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended my post too soon. I liked the scenario as it seemed fairly balanced (albeit Saylind's abilty might tip the scale a bit in favor of the team that holds the castle). It uses the castle creatively in that it's not a simple siege wherein one group tries to gain entrance while the other group holds the fort. The opposing players can assaut the castle defenders or try to take out unique heroes of the large group that's trying to gain entrance. The road down the middle of the battlefield becomes a nice choke point for the defenders and offers non-flying figures from the group moving toward the castle some hope of getting there in only a few turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I go back and forth on the quality of the two scenario's although I should say "one" as Ive only played one of the two.

1. One scenario is a "seige" type thing where the attacker has 12 turns to either kill all the troops who hold the castle, or simply "take the flag."

The attacker has a big point advantage for drafting, so he or she can afford just about anyone they want in terms of who they pick, but keep in mind that the defender is allowed to station troops at the top of the tower which, by my recolllection, is 20 levels high, so that activates the "two die bonus" rule for most of the attackers approaching the tower.

So when you factor in the castle holder can just position Sylvaris or Krav Maga up there, and they'll have a ridiculous advantage because of how high they are, it means there's going to be an extreme limit on the type of figures the attacker decides to storm the tower with.

So, by my reckoning in this sceanario gets a bit stale as you'll see the same people over and over again, like Sgt. Drake, Sylvaris, the Airborne Elite, Krav Maga, and the Microcorp agents.

Still, once you get past those standards the high point allowence does allow for some more esoteric choices in terms of who you pick.

2. The other scenario (which i havent played yet) sounds a bit more varied, as one player or team of players control the castle and must get a batch of troops at the oppisite end of the board from the castle, across a road and into the fortress before the other player(s), who have their own armies on each side of the road, close in and block the way. Still, the castle owner has a ridicuous advantage in terms of shooting from the ramparts, but this brings in more of a meelee feel to it as there is going to be lots of fighting in front of the castle.

And I like the Barbican configuration of the castle anyways, since it's sturdy enough to just remove from the board in one piece afterwards for play at a later date.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that is the scenario I haven't played. I think it sounds really fun though. I just haven't had 3 or 4 players around while I have had that map set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
i actually played with latindog in the game he was referring to. I was one of his 2 opponents, trying to stop him from getting inside the castle.

The scenario was Hella Fun! I defintly want to play it again. Syvaris was NO DOUBT the mvp of that game, as i knew she would be beforehand, but even I didnt realize how much she would tip the scales. If Latindog hadnt brought her to the battle, i think my samurai and agent carr would have cleaned the rest of his troops up handily...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cappello
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slyde wrote:
i actually played with latindog in the game he was referring to. I was one of his 2 opponents, trying to stop him from getting inside the castle.

The scenario was Hella Fun! I defintly want to play it again. Syvaris was NO DOUBT the mvp of that game, as i knew she would be beforehand, but even I didnt realize how much she would tip the scales. If Latindog hadnt brought her to the battle, i think my samurai and agent carr would have cleaned the rest of his troops up handily...

Syvarris is a dude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kennylibido wrote:
slyde wrote:

Syvarris is a dude.

Stupid androgenous elves. Just call them "its"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.