Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the English Rio Grande version of the game and the German ABACUSSPIELE version?

Under the versions section of the BGG entry it states the 2011 edition is
Multilingual, however the back of the box doesn't imply that. It's all in German.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no game text.
The German version contains a German rulebook, but just print your own rulebook, that's what I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the cards? The airline cards. Are those the same or are the airlines in German?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any difference between the English Rio Grande version of the game and the German ABACUSSPIELE version?

There are differences in the rules.

The RGG rules are at http://riograndegames.com/getFile.php?id=568

The Abacus rules are at http://www.abacusspiele.de/?m=spiele&action=download&pdf=299

The RGG rules introduced an "Alternative Share Supply Deck Rule."

There may be other differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bourne
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prematurely printed off a PDF of the English rules and instructions and found out from the dispatch note today that the item I'm being sent is product code - 03111 - the multilingual version. The German version has the product code - LFCABD078

I now have a high quality, 90GSM paper, stapled A4, 8 page, double sided booklet of English language instructions for the game that cost me nearly £8.00 that I'd sell for offers.

The squared image ratio has been kept the same and fits directly in the middle of the A4 size - IT IS NOT STRETCHED OR SKEWED. In doing so the instructions/rules booklet is a little smaller than any original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why anyone would pay that for a printed rulebook for this game is beyond me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.