Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I'll be staying in Firenze for a couple of days. Besides exploring all the usual sites I also plan on getting a gaming souvenir or two while I'm there.

I will definitely be visiting Stratagemma (I was there last year and was very pleased with what I saw). However, a bit of research has indicated that Firenze is also home to Games Workshop, Seven Dragons, and Games Academy.

Are any of these shops worth the detour? I am mainly interested in eurogames, and I don't care for CCGs or miniatures.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This place is really good. It's just a few meters from the Dome, so it's very convenient. BUT you have to really look in the store windows because it doesn't have good signs.

http://www.stratagemmaonline.com/Meraviglia/ita/

Via dei Servi 15/r

Stratagemma
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stratagemma is probably the best GS around here.

Another good one that you didn't mention is Mister Neko, it's in Piazza Beccaria (bus stop Leopardi of line 6, you can take it from the Firenze SMN train station).

Never been in the Games Workshop store, but I saw it passing by few years ago (if it's the one in San Frediano), it sells almost exclusively GW miniatures.

Games Accademy is a bit out of the center, they have the popular stuff, and the store mainly revolves around miniatures (x wing and warhammer) and CCGs, they have a wall of games but the boxes are stored verticaly with the cover facing you, so there's not a huge selection (it think not even 1/4 of the stuff that stratagemma has) even if the store is bigger, the store sells, beside miniatures and CCGs, comics and various gadgets too.

I used to go to Seven Dragons during high school when I was into Magic and Warhammer 40K, and as far as I remember they only had Miniatures and CCG and maybe some RPG stuff, but I'm talking about almost 15 years ago.
I'll ask my friends that regulary go to Seven Dragons for CCG tournaments, but I don't think that there's something that you couldn't find at Stratagemma
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Christine Biancheria wrote:
This place is really good. It's just a few meters from the Dome, so it's very convenient. BUT you have to really look in the store windows because it doesn't have good signs.

http://www.stratagemmaonline.com/Meraviglia/ita/

Via dei Servi 15/r

Stratagemma

I am not from Florence so I only know Stratagemma.

But they're simply great and nice and competent people and it's one of the best gaming stores in Italy, not only in Tuscany or in Florence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like there's a round-up in Tuscany.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:
It looks like there's a round-up in Tuscany.....

Yeah it's the third request this month for info about Firenze/Tuscany.

BTW, thanks for the tip Holder, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here in Tuscany
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're interested in eurogames you can get a copy of Florenza an italian pretty heavy worker placement set in the reinassance Florence. It will remind you all the places and the artwork you saw during your trip, so you can cosider it both a game and a souvenir

edit: Radho runthrough video
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Maes
Belgium
Mechelen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to this thread I can confirm Strattagemma is still the place to be in downtown Firenze. Found myself a copy of Elsenborn Ridge at an advantageous rate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Alabbasi
Bahrain
Springfield Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
I was suppose to write Arabic Words, but BGG don't sport that, so you have to live up with this..
badge
Before you head to the desert, make sure you have your own falcon....
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad that I found this post, I will pass by Startagemma tomorrow, right after my tour to the Dome.

Thanks everyone for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenmar
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starttragemma is a very nice shop, indeed, definitively a must!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Galen
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi, looking for local players, groups around Florence!

I'm new, parlo anche italiano.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.