Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's hear it in actual u.s. dollars.

I bought one booster and the starter set for approx $73 and I think the best route now to complete a set is actually buying the missing cards/dice individually which would total up to another $79 (2 epics, 9 rares, 2 uncommons).

I could just buy another gravity feed for $60 but I might not get 2 super rares this time or get all 9 rares I didn't get in the first gravity feed. While I could trade for the rares I might still be missing with the excess rares I would have between both gravity feeds (3 from the first), if I didn't get 2 super rares again and instead got one, I would still be out $20-25 for a super rare that I'd have to buy. I already have 2 full common sets from the first gravity feed and almost the complete uncommon set (2 short but easy and cheap to buy). I have 4 of every die except for 3 sets of which I have 3 but I will get the fourth die for each of those sets when I acquire the cards I am missing.

So, even though another gravity feed would be almost $20 cheaper, since there is still uncertainty it could end up being $5 more in the end depending on not getting 2 super rares to complete the set or trade for the 2 super rares I need. Also, there is hassle and shipping cost with trading for cards.

Lastly, while I'd get a lot more dice and cards, do I really need them? Do I need another 2 common sets and another complete or mostly complete uncommon set? I'll only ever have one each of the super rares so do I want duplicates of rares or uncommons? I only need 4 dice of each type, although I guess sharing my stuff with the other player might make it better to have 8 dice of each. Still, though, I would not spend the money to have 2 copies of the super rares and rares so then do I really need to have double the dice?

Decisions, decisions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on how much work you want to put into it, you could always sell your duplicate Rares/SRs on eBay and recoup some of your costs that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a gravity feed, starter and 20 packs... so around $93ish total as some of those individual packs were bought at FLGS and they are slightly more expensive. I'm missing about 5-6 cards total from the whole set and 2 dice short. The extra 20 packs after the feed really helped as I got one of the super rares I was missing.

There is a trade geeklist someone setup so whatever you get you can use that to trade with other people on here. I've already traded with two people and waiting on the cards to come in the mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
3 gravity feeds got me a full set with extra SR's & tons of extra everything else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Thetford
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$145.31 was two starters and two gravity feeds. I was missing 6 cards and I am trading for them with the abundant extras I have.

Counting $20 for shipping to get the missing ones is $165.31 and I am happy with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cost me $100 for a complete set, with 8 dice each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E S
msg tools
I estimate it would be $135 for me. Starter + gravity feed + 20 boosters (albeit all at 20% off, preorder) + 3 single cards bought separately totals about $110 so far. I still need the Epic Mindflayer which is running at about $25. I don't plan on buying it just to complete the set. I may do that if i plan on selling the entire set, but in terms of 'use for play,' I don't think the card is worth it. I'll buy it if more get into the market and the price hits $5. Of course by that time, complete sets will also be cheaper...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.