Subject: Slaughterfield rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Slaughterfield tiles (6-pack) from the first Kickstarter but none of the cards (called the Slaughterfield Supplement Pack I believe)?

How does one get the Slaughterfield cards? Can anybody explain to me what Slaughterfield is exactly, or point me to a good resource?

Sorry, the game is pretty overwhelming, I'm trying to organize it and figure out what I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
I have the Slaughterfield tiles (6-pack) from the first Kickstarter but none of the cards (called the Slaughterfield Supplement Pack I believe)?

How does one get the Slaughterfield cards? Can anybody explain to me what Slaughterfield is exactly, or point me to a good resource?

Sorry, the game is pretty overwhelming, I'm trying to organize it and figure out what I have.

They haven't been offered again. But they aren't really necessary to play in Slaughterfield mode (neither are the special tiles, if you just use a 12 x 12 and ignore the icons). The special SF cards just give have random die-roll charts for generating monsters for each wave, and special cards with goals to complete and bonuses if you do (like kill so many whatevers in one round to get to draw from the special item deck and get a +1 at something or other for the rest of the game), and there is a special deck of "super" items. But there were never any official rules released for how to use these special cards.

Anyway, they aren't necessary, and haven't been offered again, at least yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's an arena mode where the heros attempt to outlast (or outscored) each other as they are attacks by wave after wave of enemies. Each wave gets harder but the heroes can get super powerful equipment and powers by being the first to complete challenges. Basically it shift the game from cooperative play between heroes to more competitive play between heroes.

Search 'myth slaughterfield' on YouTube to find some example of play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note, slaughter field is no more.
As of the new KS slaughter field is going away, at least from its current incarnation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they were just removing it from quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squatting Monkey wrote:
I thought they were just removing it from quests.

Going back and read in the quests update, it appears Imay have erred.

I read it as slaughter field was being removed.

But it says slaughter field requirements are bing removed and that the card will details it's own rules.

I imagine this is to prevent the need to Crack the book for the SF rules.

So I stand corrected, it seems as if the SF is still something I that can bedone.

As for the card pack, maybe try asking them directly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.