Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the game 4-5 times, so I can't claim to be an expert. But every time I have played, I have bought the homogenizer the first chance I got, and bought a second copy as soon as I could. It is pretty expensive for lab equipment, but it more than pays for itself in time and money saved. I can't think of a situation when I wouldn't buy it, unless it was just not available.

What do you think? Is there any reason to pass up the homogenizer? Does it provide too much of an advantage versus its cost?

PS: rules question. can it be used to cover 2 of the 3 blue proteins on the O molecule? Or is that verboten?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is one I will always purchase if possible.
You can use it on the O molecule even if all three blues are currently open.

Answered in the rules forum here: Homogenizer MK III & O Antibody - Viral Side
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes I think it is a pretty good piece of lab equipment. I buy it when I can.

The problem is you might not be able to buy it if either card or both cards are in the 5 cards you randomly discard at the beginning of the game.

That is one of the things I love about this game is there are some things not available each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.