Advanced Squad Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: a few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-can a concealed leader apply his leader movement bonus to unconcealed units moving with him, or is he forced to loose his concealment to apply it?

-when a unit's hex is being entered by a berserk unit during the move phase, does the defending unit automatically use FPF or is it a normal defensive first fire/subsequent first fire if its not yet marked with a final fire counter?
and to which degree is firing mandatory in this situation, iecould you choose not to fire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
-can a concealed leader apply his leader movement bonus to unconcealed units moving with him, or is he forced to loose his concealment to apply it?

-when a unit's hex is being entered by a berserk unit during the move phase, does the defending unit automatically use FPF or is it a normal defensive first fire/subsequent first fire if its not yet marked with a final fire counter?
and to which degree is firing mandatory in this situation, iecould you choose not to fire?

Regarding the concealed leader, the question is whether the leader and unconcealed units are conducting a non-AM in the los of an unbroken enemy ground unit within 16 hexes. If so, concealment is lost. If not, then concealment is maintained.

Regarding your second question, see A8.312. The unit must fire, but it could be first fire or subsequent first fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks! that clarifies it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Regarding your second question, see A8.312. The unit must fire, but it could be first fire or subsequent first fire.

Note also, that A8.312 only applies if the Berserk unit is a MMC - a Berserk SMC does not invoke the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unbroken for concealment loss?

I thought it was Good Order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's good order to gain concealment, unbroken to deny or remove concealment. See A12.121.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Eoin Corrigan wrote:
I believe it's good order to gain concealment, unbroken to deny or remove concealment. See A12.121.

Agreed. Pinned units and units in Melee can deny or remove concealment. As well as units under Ammunition Shortage.

Edit: Klas has pointed out that I am incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Eoin Corrigan wrote:

IIRC, it is unbroken to deny Concealment, but Good Order to strip Concealment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-L├ęgier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Roundhill wrote:
Eoin Corrigan wrote:

Agreed. Pinned units and units in Melee can deny or remove concealment. As well as units under Ammunition Shortage.
Units in Melee are not in good order.
They cannot remove concealment, but they can deny gaining concealment, as they are unbroken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
klasmalmstrom wrote:
Eoin Corrigan wrote:

IIRC, it is unbroken to deny Concealment, but Good Order to strip Concealment.

Oops, I was wrong and have learned something.

Pin, Melee, and Berserk do not bother me, but Ammunition Shortage feels scenario/campaign breaking. 'Fighting Withdrawal' and 'Festung Budapest' are going to play differently for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vicca
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A unit suffering from ammunition shortage is still in good order. A Support Weapon suffering from it is not but the unit with the SW is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.