Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you've only got a starter set, what would you pay (is USD) to purchase all the commons, uncommons, rares, and super rares at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Metelo
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If including the dice alongside the commons, uncommons, rares and Super-rares, i would be willing to pay about 100.00.

Yes, i know full sets go for a lot more on ebay (I've seen it go upwards to 300).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
metelo wrote:
If including the dice alongside the commons, uncommons, rares and Super-rares, i would be willing to pay about 100.00.
Realizing the OP asked "what would you pay?" and not "what could you buy a set for at retail?" but $100 would be optimistic, given that just the 4 Super-Rares would run you $100+ at retail currently.

Current CSI prices:
SR Tarrasque = $26
SR Stirge = $28
SR Mind Flayer = $30
SR Red Dragon = $36

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking $175-200 would be a good deal for all cards along with a single die each, not including the starter set.

$200-225 for the same would be 'okay' and much more than that you are probably better off chancing it buying 3 gravity feeds which may or may not pan out.

4 gravity feeds should almost certainly pan out even if a few trades are required, but now you've spent $260-275.

What say you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Thetford
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:
I was thinking $175-200 would be a good deal for all cards along with a single die each, not including the starter set.

$200-225 for the same would be 'okay' and much more than that you are probably better off chancing it buying 3 gravity feeds which may or may not pan out.

4 gravity feeds should almost certainly pan out even if a few trades are required, but now you've spent $260-275.

What say you?

Maybe I just got lucky with a really good distribution, but 2 Feeds had me missing only 4 rare and 2 super rare. I also pulled 2 duplicate SR so they were easy to trade, and I pulled probably 15 duplicate rares so it made it easy to trade for the 4 I was missing.

In my very limited experience then, 2 feeds were more than enough with a little bit of trading, and 3 feeds I would think would easily cover it. Again, maybe having to trade for 1 SR or something.

Given this, I would not pay more than $150 for a full set. As I got much more than that for only a few more dollars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
$100 would be optimistic, given that just the 4 Super-Rares would run you $100+ at retail currently.

...except they wouldn't be super-rare if they were sold by the set, as an LCG. I second the $100 bid, and even then, only if it's a complete play-set of everything (3 different cards and 4 dice for each character).

(Mind, now, that I'm not one of the guys complaining about the game being collectible. I actually quite enjoy the game's low price-point and ease of collectibility compared to other TCGs.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
flag msg tools
robininni wrote:
Assuming you've only got a starter set, what would you pay (is USD) to purchase all the commons, uncommons, rares, and super rares at the same time?

If you are LUCKY (I mean very lucky), you can probably get it all for about $150.

With online prices 1 booster box is about $63.

That will leave you about 10-13 cards short of the full set (with 4 dice for each). If you skip the super-rares you can fill in the gap for about $30.

Depending on how many super-rares you got you are about $55-$85 for those.

Worst case about $180 best case about $150. Not a cheap game.

I know you asked what would I pay, but this is what I have to pay.

That is also not including better dice bags, a play mat, and place to store them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it sounds like it would be quite reasonable to buy a full set (minus the starter) for $165-175. It would be great deal to get it for $140-150, and out of desperation pay $190-200. I know someone mentioned $100 as a price level too, but I don't see that as reasonable or being expected by someone in the market for a full set considering you would need a lot of luck and a minimum of 2 gravity feeds to make a full set which is more than $100 even at great CSI prices. Plus it's more likely you would need 2 gravity feeds, some trading, and possibly the purchase of one superare. The hassle factor and shipping involved even with just trading and the cost of the gravity feeds would get you to $140-150 and that's assuming a best case scenario of 4 super rares and finding others willing to trade you what you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
flag msg tools
I bought:
1 x Starter ~ $15
1 x Booster Box ~ $63
10 x Rares/Uncommons (needed dice) ~ $30
2 x Super-rares ~ $57

Total ~ $165

That will give me one of each card and 4 of each die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.