Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.gmtgames.com/p500/gmtp50.asp

Some other goodies there too... I also ordered Elusive Victory, Battles with the Gringos, and Barbarian. I'm going to investigate the multiplayer game for Frederick's time.

Let's see if we can get Successors III to 700 orders in a couple days. ;^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great i just placed a bid on the old one on ebay last night! i will probably win now for just a bit too much cash!

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, the new game will be very different. I don't expect that the price of Successors III will come tumbling down, since we probably won't see the game until Apr 2007, even in the best circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The description on GMT's site makes it sound as if the game has just been tweaked somewhat - it certainly doesn't sound very different based on this information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the discussion on the GMT games forum, Gene said that there won't be an update because everything has changed so much. He said the only thing that could be used is the box. I have the Successors game, but I'm picking up Successors III as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like some conspiracy to suck all the money out of my bank account . . . 1805: Sea of Glory, Blackbeard, Clash of Monarchs, PQ-17, Sekigahara, and Successors III?! Must . . . keep . . . self . . . from . . . preorder . . .all.

Seriously, were they saving up interesting-topic games for a while there? And need I point out that 1805, PQ-17, and Sekigahara are all, to some extent, block games? It is going to be very hard to decide which to pre-order and which to wait for . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you mean. Clash of Monarchs is another great looking game. I'm going to wait and learn more about it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jones
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Do you think the component quality will be on par with the original successors or on par with Sword of Rome and its ilk? Mainly I'm thinking of the mapboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's from GMT, so what do you think?

Paper or cardstock "board".

Definately not the old AH...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
--and an SPQR module by Dan Fournie, I want that, man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been following the Clash of Monarchs folder on CSW for the last couple of months and I can't wait for this game, though of course I'll probably have to wait a fair old while. Reading the ongoing turn by turn breakdown has been really interesting and I'm a big fan of the Seven Years War anyway so this was a no-brainer for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks really good for me too, but I need to make it look like I'm restraining myself for appearances. I just pre-ordered about $200 of games from MMP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
mmm successors III, I can't wait. I never actually got to play the original, but I have read heaps about it. I love richard berg games so I hope its good...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid GMT...there are two games new to the list I want! I'd actually like to hear more about them before I commit to buy though, but I guess that's the nature of the P500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a definite on CoM, I'm a possible on 1805 and a maybe on Successors. That's much cheaper than the last set of announcements which means I can justify a small pre-order from MMP and Columbia as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
It's from GMT, so what do you think?

Paper or cardstock "board".

Definately not the old AH...

It's a 'deluxe' board so it's cardstock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H. Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
"... the new game will be very different."

Not really . . . mostly tweaking and adjusting of the mechanics for better play. The basic underlying system and the game focus rem,ain the same.

The new BLACKBEARD has more abrupt changes.

RHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Michael, this is great news! It's at ZERO orders now. How long will that last?

http://www.gmtgames.com/success3/main.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natus wrote:
Thank you, Michael, this is great news! It's at ZERO orders now. How long will that last?

http://www.gmtgames.com/success3/main.html

GMT doesn't have a live update system like Columbia Games and MMP. They usually manually update it every Tuesday (which is when I hope we'll see Brian's new GMT GeekList!)

Meaning it could be between 1 and 500 as I type.

(edit: damn typos!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.